The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

methanol injection preference

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddielee5

Probationary Member
Mar 6, 2005
lynnwood, Washington
Just wondering what injection systems do people like the best or would sugest the single injecter kits or the one with the four injection that goes onto the intake manifold and shoots into each cylinder? Also where do people buy there methanol? thanks.

An on/off type kit will work just fine for you up to about 20 psi. If you go above that, then you would want either a dual stage or a progressive kit, so you can have knock suppression at a wider range of boost. As for where to mount the injectors, most people just do it in the upcharge pipe. I have a direct port setup, and absolutely love it. One thing to keep in mind is that there is severe vacuum in the manifold, so what will happen is that while at idle or cruise, you will be in vacuum, and the fluid will suck out just a little bit. When you boost, but not enough to trigger the injection kit, that water will then be replaced with air. This process repeats, until there is a significant amount of air in the tubing, so when the injection system triggers, it will have to clear the air before any water/meth makes it to the injectors, which might take longer than the full throttle run. The solution to this is a check valve at each injector. Mine is still solenoid controlled too. To take it one step further, I have a nozzle pressure sensor that is hooked to an LED and an electric boost controller, so when the injectors pressurize, the sensor triggers, lights the LED so I know it's working, and then increases my boost by 5-6 psi. No injection, no increased boost.

Greg
www.enginerunup.com

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I forgot to try and answer your questions about where people get their methanol. In case you can't get some info on a dealer near you, I have put together a list of dealers by state. Some of them deliver as well, but that option obviously costs more.

Click Here for the List.

You can add these guys to the Florida list.
They are a VP dealer and sell methanol.

JOHNSON'S PERFORMANCE ENT
4954 FRUITVILLE RD
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941) 378-2693

90tsiawd said:
You can add these guys to the Florida list.
They are a VP dealer and sell methanol.

JOHNSON'S PERFORMANCE ENT
4954 FRUITVILLE RD
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941) 378-2693

Thanks. List Updated Here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back