The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Memorial Day Story.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserspeeddemon

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 26, 2002
Fredericksburg, Virginia
had a story I thought I'd share in honor of Memorial Day.

Both my father and I served in the US Army. Both of us have fought in a War. My father in the early 90's fought in Iraq during Operation: Desert Storm. I, myself, have just recently returned from Afghanistan, Operation: Enduring Freedom VIII-IX. And to boot my Grand Father as a child was living in Hawaii (being native Hawaiian) during the attack of Pearl Harbor. So you can say that War is in our lineage.

This weekend I went a visited my Dad in Virginia Beach, he lives REALLY close to Oceana NAS. All day long (and sometimes into the night) growing up I heard the F-18s flying over. My two sons, my father and I were at the dinner table eating Pizza in his tiny 800 sqft home. When another jet flew overhead, drowning out any and all noise in the house. After the roar of the afterburners decrescendo’ed into the distance, my youngest son; Caleb, goes "Wha da? pane?" (What's that? Plane?). My father responded "No, Freedom." He looks over at me and gives me a wink.

I've often thought of moments like this. As they played out in my mind, I was annoyed by how cheesy it sounds. But this time, two generations of war veterans that have spilt blood and bled in foreign lands in defense of our Beautiful Country; This time as it played out, it felt genuine.

Cool story. Me and my girlfriend were at a rib cook-off in Ohio yesterday, when I saw a pretty cool t-shirt for sale. It said "Memorial Day" at the top, in the middle it had the flag raising statue, and at the bottom "Remember why you are flipping those burgers"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back