The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Member here? Awsome engine bay.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doesn't really look that nice to me honestly I've seen alot better to where it looks like there's just a motor in the engine bay that car desperately needs a wire tuck

Seriously dude? I think it looks amazing. There is always going to be one better but this one isn't bad. Look at my engine bay in my build journal and tell me this one doesn't look good after seeing that LOL.

Looks good to me. They just need a brake and clutch fluid reservoir redux LOL

And if you want a "just motor" look, get something pre-1970s.

Doesn't really look that nice to me honestly I've seen alot better to where it looks like there's just a motor in the engine bay that car desperately needs a wire tuck

A "wire" tuck? I barely see ANY wires. I see stainless steel braided lines that MIGHT look better with having them bundled together a little bit but that's super CLEAN in my opinion. I'd eat of that engine except that I'd get the engine dirty.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And to answer your question I'm pretty sure Dustin has an account on Tuners, that's his old shell though, he dropped the motor into a new one.

Yes wait a few weeks to see the new setup in the new shell. Completely different. Ill post pics when it done.

How about you wait until I can make it up there to finish it off? That way I can feel like I accomplished something sitting back drinking a beer while you do all the work.

Looks great! I really like how the BOV's are setup. The SS lines are a bit much for my OCD, but very clean nonetheless!

sick102985- Is your heat exchanger at the front or rear? We definitely need moar pics of this car. :)

Looks like a cluttered disaster. Theres a lot of money there for sure, but a clean bay? Nope.

The vacuum lines need to go back to black rubber lines. All in ss looks gaudy and ricer-ish.

The vc breather lines should be moved to the top and left sides of the vc so the lines aren't doing laps around the bay.

Needs the throttle cable tucked under the IM, that looks awful on top.

That tiny fuel filter mounted on the top of the firewall is ugly and makes no sense. I mean, its not a big billet pc to show off, and your just making the lines unnecessarily visible further adding to the clutter.

Also looks tacky to mount the afpr up that high, when you could hide it so easily.

And that blue overfill line has to go, its an eyesore.

Hey thanks for the input 91stocker. That small unnecessary fuel filter is a map sensor. Anyway, like i said, wait for the new setup on my new shell. Its not really for show its more for go. Let me know when you want to race bud. Can we see your engine bay?

Heat exchanger is in the back with the ice box

Hey thanks for the input 91stocker. That small unnecessary fuel filter is a map sensor.

Ah, the flashy ss lines through me off. Looks like a golan filter from the pic.

Anyway, like i said, wait for the new setup on my new shell. Its not really for show its more for go.

Function over form :hellyeah:

Let me know when you want to race bud. Can we see your engine bay?

I wasn't dissing your ride man, but way to take criticism :thumb: :rolleyes:

And just for kicks, here's a few clean bays to compare

Attachments

• clean bay.jpg
    clean bay.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 271
  • clean bay 4.jpg
    clean bay 4.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 73
  • clean bay 5.jpg
    clean bay 5.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 205
  • clean bay 3.jpg
    clean bay 3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 69
  • clean bay 2.jpg
    clean bay 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 66
^^^^^
OhMiGawd.

How in the heck is that blue bay even possible.

THERE'S NOTHING ELSE IN THERE! O_O

So easy to criticize when you have nothing of your own to show. ROFL

Looks better than mine...but that's not hard to do. As long as your engine bay is something other than shitty orange-ish it looks better than mine LOL. But to me it looks...busy. like crowded. Good job though :)

They look good but I am more of a function over form guy. I do keep a clean bay but will never go and shave it and extend /tuck/ hide fuse box's. I would rather spend my time in other areas on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back