The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Melted injector tip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted1stgen

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2013
Kingman, Arizona
What do you guys think, there denso 660cc. Awhile back i blew the head gasket, and apparently melted these from overheating and after i fixed it i didnt have money for new ones. The car was spitting and wouldnt rev past 2500 ish. Pulled the plugs and they were wet and smelt of gas, now my question is are those plastic tips replaceable? Or are these junk?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379894645550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379894645550.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 182
yes they pull right off.. but i don't think melted pintle cap will cause the injector to leak. maybe a boost leak but it shouldn't be leaking fuel so the injector might be toast... (i just read your complete post)

Thats what i was a little confused about. Maybe my plugs are no good, cause it wasnt even running well enough to set timing yet. Real rough, and anytime id try to open the throttle up it would try to fall on its face and stall. And thats just sitting there idling, i havent tried driving it yet. Oh and the injectors were all between 2 and 3 ohms. 2.3 ohms to be exact.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back