The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

420A 2gNT Megasquirt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm9

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2009
VB, Virginia
Complete 420A Megasquirt EMS Kit - SymTech Laboratories

if i purchased this kit, would it have everything i needed to run it as a standalone unit and get rid of my stock ecu??? also i see it has an option for the wideband sensors, but i already have one. do you have to put wideband sensors in the stock sensor's place? for fuel im gonna be running an sfmu, will i have to change that? im sure ill have more questions, thanks for any input/ advice.

BM

if i purchased this kit, would it have everything i needed to run it as a standalone unit and get rid of my stock ecu???

Yes.

also i see it has an option for the wideband sensors, but i already have one. do you have to put wideband sensors in the stock sensor's place?

You don't have to, but you can install your wideband oxygen sensor there if you're going to remove the stock ECU altogether.

for fuel im gonna be running an sfmu, will i have to change that?

You could technically do that, but most Megasquirt users use a 1:1 AFPR (Aeromotive makes a good one). An S-FMU will make tuning much more difficult, plus you won't have the benefit of using other users' MSQ files to help you get started.

thanks for your input sir, you are a very wise man.
how hard is it to tune the afpr? what about the sensor post-cat? and i have seen some sensors from symtech that are for megasquirt would i have to purchase those?
thanks

how hard is it to tune the afpr?

It's not difficult. You simply set the base fuel pressure and then leave it alone.

what about the sensor post-cat?

Leave it disconnected or plug the hole.

and i have seen some sensors from symtech that are for megasquirt would i have to purchase those?

The MS-II based ECU's in those kits can interface with all of the stock sensors; no additional sensors required.

ok so basically with megasquirt your just making your own ecu that will accomadate boost? thats cool. and what yould happen if i did leave the oxygen sensor post cat in because i just spent $80 on it. LOL

There are a few... installing the Megasquirt ECU in parallel with the stock ECU is easier. Just giving Megasquirt control over the fuel injectors (and not spark) is also easier to tune. Most users who are new to tuning begin learning this way, then add spark control later.

What else is needed to make it a standalone?

At least a tachometer output and relay control circuit inside the MS ECU. The stepper IAC circuit isn't a bad idea if you're going for a factory-like idle.

You need to wire the fuel pump and ASD relays in such a way that they're both controlled by the fuel pump relay control wire. You'll also need an alternator voltage regulator.

if anyone in my area ,Virginia Beach, VA, knows how to tune MSnS or any reputable dyno tuning shops i could take my car after i install MSnS

You can try pftuning, it’s based in VA Beach. Peter Florence is experienced with tuning (dyno) and repairing MS on just about any car. You can contact him @ pftuning.com and on msextra.com user name Peter Florence.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back