The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 2gNT MegaSquirt issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip

Probationary Member
Jun 7, 2016
Pierre, South_Dakota
So I’ve been trying to figure this out for about a month now. I wired in a new assembled megasquirt I got from DIY and I have no rpm signal. I don’t know if I have a setting wrong in the tuning studio. I got their wiring harness and do have the crank sensor wired in right. I had to run a new power to the crank so I know I have power going to it. I have no spark. I have all the stock sensors still on the car if that makes any difference. This is my first time using megasquirt and I’m just stumped. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't have rpm then you won't get any spark or fuel.

I know you said you check your wiring, but check it again. Check power and ground at the plug for the crank sensor.

Make sure your settings are right in tunerstudio. You have to be set to the 420a trigger.

Sorry finally got time to check it over again and I do have good power and good ground from the crank sensor, I also do have the trigger set to 420a. I still have no signal coming through. I did notice something odd with my spark tester though. It shows a very weak spark coming through one of my coils while the key is on but when I start cranking it goes away.

What MS do you have? Do the rest of the sensors work with the key on? Coolant temp, air temp, TPS, WB02?

You shouldn't have any spark with just the key on, something sounds wrong there. I would unplug the coil and injectors until I had the rpm issue figured out. You don't want to burn up a coil or an injector.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back