The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Megan Racing: Updated AWD Downpipe and Catback! (3in.) Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone here have the old megan awd downpipe that doesnt fit correctly and ask megan if they will take it back and exchange it for the new batch? If so id like to send my dp back to megan so i can get one that actually fits :banghead:

okay i bought a used Megan Racing downpipe, and its the older style. Can i bolt this up to my stock o2 housing? and use the stock gasket? it didnt come with its own gasket....

this is also true, i had to weld on a 3" extension onto my thermal.

It should bolt up. I'd recommend getting a new 2.5inch 2 bolt gasket.

Anyone here have the old megan awd downpipe that doesnt fit correctly and ask megan if they will take it back and exchange it for the new batch? If so id like to send my dp back to megan so i can get one that actually fits :banghead:

It's worth a try.

Anyone else have the problem of the megan d/p being way too long? I purchased one last year when I did my swap and it ended up being a good 6" too long. I had it cut etc. and works fine now, Im just curious...

I sent them an e-mail and immediately got back an error saying it didnt work :hmm: Its understandable though as most websites contact e-mails are computer generated, so im not gonna start raising flags just yet. I will give them a call first thing monday morning

Damn man, I could have used these revisions when I wrestled with this dp a few years ago. I bought the dp and the cat-back for a pretty good deal, cat-back went on fine but the dp was a pain in the ass. I had to hammer it a bit to fit a socket over one of the bolts connecting to the o2 housing to tighten it all the way and avoid a nasty exhaust leak. I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but if anyone is still using the stock t-25, there is a bracket holding the stock oil feed line that makes it nearly impossible to bolt the dp to the o2 housing. I had to hammer it a bit and bend it just to make it fit and even then it was a tight squeeze. The bracket needed to be removed completely when I put on my punishment o2 housing. For me, it wasn't a problem to remove it because I was putting in my 16g with a new oil feed anyway, but for those with different o2 housings, this might be a concern.

My advice is to check clearances before banging on things to make them fit, you wouldn't want to puncture your shiny new exhaust. Hopefully these new dp's don't cause a hassle, they look pretty good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back