The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Megan GT Muffler 3" and 2.5"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking for a decent inexpensive muffler for my '90 TSI Talon. After much research found Megan GT. Stainless Steel muffler with clean looks and slanted tip, also after considering the overall dimensions found that it's should look good on a DSM, not too big and not too small.

Anyways long story short, received a 3" version without silencer for my '90 TSI. It was installed on a full 3" exhaust no cats, no resonator.

Looks: Muffler looks great, like it was meant for our cars, A+ on looks.

Performance: Megan GT is a straight thru muffler without internal baffles, thus gives you best exhaust flow possible

Sound: Running 3" without resonators, silencer or cats does effects the sound. At idle it’s fairly quite, however from 3k to redline muffler is very loud, nice loud deep sound, not ricy or buzzing, however it generates a lot of droning, that can be heard/felt inside the car. I had to increase stereo output to keep my mind of the noise. Note that using silencer, resonator or cat will reduce overall noise, don't know by how much.

Year later I bought '91 TSI and decided to go with 2.5" exhaust and since I love the looks of Megan GT I decided to get 2.5" version with silencer. Again installed on a full 2.5" exhaust no cats or resonator.

Looks: See Above

Performance: See above

Sound: I expected negative sound effects to be reduced with 2.5" version, also it came with silencer for extra assurance. Still refusing resonators and cats (mostly due to performance reasons). After installation, did a test drive without silencer, it sounded great, nice and deep, and to my expectation droning was eliminated. So I drive it like that everyday now, and love the sound it makes. At WOT and 14PSI car sounds awesome. Using silencer makes car sound like stock, performce is reduced as well .

Overall I would defiantly recommend 2.5" Muffler for any configuration and 3" only if you running CAT/resonator.

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 26,765
  • DSC00146s2.jpg
    DSC00146s2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,692
  • DSC00147s2.jpg
    DSC00147s2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4,532
  • talon_cap_4.jpg
    talon_cap_4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3,876
  • talon_cap_5.jpg
    talon_cap_5.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3,872
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back