The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Megan DP question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airsign89

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2011
troy, Michigan
So I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their Megan DP in regards to fitment at the O2 side. I have taken it off and put it on about three times since owning this car and everytime the one bolt on the passenger side rubs on the DP when I am tightening it/loosening it and it takes about half an hour to remove the DP vs. the 5 minutes it should. My question is: can I grind a little bit of material off of the DP without ruining the structural integrity or having a hole, is it thick enough? In the pic its where I sanded it down and put a red mark. Thanks.

Oh heres the picture of it.

Edit: Grinded it down, no issues to speak of. I posted it here because it was a newbie question. RESOLVED

Attachments

• 20120509150028.jpg
    20120509150028.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 50
I dont have any issues with mine in that area but mine rubs the transfer case extremely bad. Do you have that issue also?

I would think that a leak at the O2 would not be related to the downpipe, but rather to the gasket in between the two. It would make sense that the only reason to blame the DP would be if the mating surface wasn't flat, and in that case a little bit of work could help. But thats not a great spot to have a leak, I hope you figure that out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back