The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Megan coilovers with 245/40/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mph

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2010
Naperville, Illinois
I have a few questions about suspension setups on a 2g:

Here is my future setup and want to know if it will rub or not, and fit my needs.

Megan coilovers
245/40/17 tire, or 235 if I have to.
Drag dr-33 wheels with +45 mm offset

Will this setup rub at all? I am not familiar with suspension on a 2g, so any information will help!
Do these coilovers come with a camber adjustment on them?

Thanks a lot!

I have a few questions about suspension setups on a 2g:

Here is my future setup and want to know if it will rub or not, and fit my needs.

Megan coilovers
245/40/17 tire, or 235 if I have to.
Drag dr-33 wheels with +45 mm offset

Will this setup rub at all? I am not familiar with suspension on a 2g, so any information will help!
Do these coilovers come with a camber adjustment on them?

Thanks a lot!

Roll your fenders. Extended studs are a must. May also need a small spacer.

Even with a 235 tire on there?

No 2g suspension has camber adjustments - that is only 1g stuff. For 2g owners to get camber adjustment, you should look into adjustable ball joints.

With the +45, my guess is the 245's might rub a bit on the rear knuckle (my 245's on a +38 wheel have only a few millimeters of clearance). This thread should help you get an idea though.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/fre...tions/286685-will-these-wheels-tires-fit.html

Ok I reviewed the chart. And accordingly I should have no problems with a 245/40/17 and 45 offset. But what about when I start to lower it with the Megan coilovers? I really want to lower this thing very low, what are going to be my concerns?

I have decided to just go with a 235 tire. That way I shouldn't run into any problems. I have a 7.5 inch wide wheel.

My car is lowered (not sure exactly how much), but my Evo 8 wheels (+38) with a 245/40 tire has 3mm of clearance with the rear knuckle. This is with -1.5*+ of rear camber. My guess is it will rub if you go too low. And you probably won't want to run much more camber than I have.

I just got a set of EVO 9 wheels 17x8 +38 and I'm planning to get Dunlop SS Sport Max TT tires in 245/40-17. I have a '99 GSX and I have heard that the '97-'99 have more clearance on the knuckle. Any idea if this is true? I am also using Tein type flex coilovers.

Jason

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back