The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Megan coilovers rear is bouncy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SazonSerg

Proven Member
Mar 20, 2019
Elmont, New_York
Hello guys I have a 2g gst 1998 and Megan coilovers where just installed about 2 weeks ago it did get lowerd I have about a 2 finger gap all around but the rear is very bouncy if I hit anything it kind of bounces like 3 times on the rear very uncomfortable ride I did adjust the damper for the past 2 weeks, I’ve had it full soft and I might need a helmet ⛑ and I tried full hard it does stiffen up but still bouncy enough to get me agitated. Also checked if the rear shocks where leaking didn’t see anything they look clean just wondering if anyone had this issue with this suspension that can chime in please thanks again

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It will bounce a bit. Any idea what spring rates they put on these?

So you only tried full hard and full soft? Have you done in between to find what comfortable for you? You just the two mentioned?

So you only tried full hard and full soft? Have you done in between to find what comfortable for you? You just the two mentioned?
Yes I have played with it like in most settings tried in the middle since it’s like 16 way adjustable tried also softer on the front that the back or the other way around and still the rears bounce like a baby on grandmas lap

Yeah, what are the spring rates for the 2g FWD megan coilovers?

@SazonSerg I ask because the spring rates on my 1g AWD Megan coilovers were 12k/10k, (675lb/560lb) which is INSANELY stiff. Undriveable on the street IMO. Like shaking your tits off uncomfortable, even on the softest damper setting. In fact, changing the dampers basically had no effect on the ride at all.

So I swapped the Megan springs to Eibach Springs with 450lb springs up front and 400lb springs in the back. It still launches crazy hard when the coilovers are set to the hardest setting, but when I turn them down to the softest setting they actually ride decent on the street.

I may even add some Eibach Tender Springs to the setup for street driving.

Last edited:

@SazonSerg I ask because the spring rates on my 1g AWD Megan coilovers were 12k/10k, (675lb/560lb) which is INSANELY stiff. Undriveable on the street IMO. Like shaking your tits off uncomfortable, even on the softest damper setting. In fact, changing the dampers basically had no effect on the ride at all.

So I swapped the Megan springs to Eibach springs with 450lb springs up front and 400lb springs in the back. It still launches crazy hard when the coilovers are set to the hardest setting, but when I turn them down to the softest setting they actually ride decent on the street.

Whimp LOL i tried low spring rstings and hated how soft it felt. Ended up near 900 rears myself by the time i liked the feel of it. The rear just felt to wollowy being on such a soft spring.

12kg/mm fronts
6kg/mm rears

So I swapped the Megan springs to Eibach Springs with 450lb springs up front and 400lb springs in the back. It still launches crazy hard when the coilovers are set to the hardest setting, but when I turn them down to the softest setting they actually ride decent on the street.

Thanks a lot for that input and yes I do drive it on street and highways but I do live in new York pit hole city but I will look into eibach springs

Hey what if I put 12kg springs in the rear will that make a difference?
I had 12 once and i liked it but you got to figure out if its the shocks causing you to bounce or weak springs. Normally it means the shocks weak and under valved for the spring rating but it would be a fluke if that was the case but it can happen

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back