The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

meet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probably wont be till mid april

I dont have too much to work on. A few good weekends of wrenching and I'm good to go.

Lucky you, I have a whole list of things to do. I may not be boosted but maintenance still applies ;)

Yea i still gotta swap in the new turbo/manifold and do my gm alternator swap. I should definitely be good to go once the salt clears

Yea i still gotta swap in the new turbo/manifold and do my gm alternator swap. I should definitely be good to go once the salt clears

I have do an alternator swap as well, but I'll be putting this bad boy in...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

High output 150amp alternator from Maniac Electric Motors

Got tired of having to replace those junk Duralast ones every year

What fails on the duralast ones? Im using an autozone alternator right now. The high output one I bought from some atlernator shop online burnt out on the dyno.

What fails on the duralast ones? Im using an autozone alternator right now. The high output one I bought from some atlernator shop online burnt out on the dyno.

Did you install the 4 gauge wire w/inline fuse when you installed that high output alternator?

I don't know exactly what fails, but eventually they just stop charging my battery. Part of the problem is i have a sound system that consists of 2 amps, 2 subs, and aftermarket front and rear speakers.

You should do some forum searching, I did and found that many people on here have had problems with duralast (aka autozone) alternators not lasting long.

so far I've had good luck with them. I have a 2ga wire off the B terminal to the stock fuse, then to the battery. The voltage regulator crapped out on my previous alternator and the alternator shop couldnt even fix it. They rebuilt it twice and it wouldnt put out any voltage, so I just picked up a duralast to get me by. Its been working OK, even tho its not as high as an output in amps as the other alternator.

I may try a different one, but I'm gonna have them put in a self exciting regulator so it can be a one wire alternator. :cool:

Ill be relocating the battery to the rear and redoing the whole charging system pretty soon.

There are a couple of us DSMers in Watertown, PM me if you're interested in getting together sometime.

Might have to take the bike out there this weekend...

I'm down for some meets too im about 45mins from Binghamton and like an hour n a half from Syracuse i'd be down to meet up just let me know some dates and locations i'd join up not really many DSMS where im at! :p

I'm down for some meets too im about 45mins from Binghamton and like an hour n a half from Syracuse i'd be down to meet up just let me know some dates and locations i'd join up not really many DSMS where im at! :p

You're not too far from me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back