The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

mechanical oil unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would recommend getting a SS line. Mine works great. Read stories of the regular line breaking and decided not to chance it at all. :)

i bought an autometer mechanical oil pressure gauge. I know people say to tap it from the back of the block, but will the tubing that comes with the gauge stand up to the heat that is produced by the engine? If not what tubing should i use??

Your best option is probably going to be a SS braided line, but I have never had a hose bust on me and I am running a few non-braided lines for oil... Of course I have read about people running into problems, so it's all up to you (and your budget).

yeah true. the line that comes with the gauge is nylon, im just worried that its going to melt if the oil gets too hot. I don't think a braided line would fit to the back of the gauge.

Well you can always just run the line that came with it and make sure you keep an eye on it for a little while. Like after you drive around (highway or spirted driving) pop the hook and check the condition of the line. Keep an eye on if for a week or two, then eyeball it periodically after that to make sure it is holding up good. Is the car at the track often or more of a daily driver. I would think the first would be a lot harder on the car, and would increase the wear and tear on the line.

yeah its just a daily driver for now. what you think about running a braided line from the block, but then connecting the braided line to the stock line when it is away from the block.?

I am using a Earls SS line that can be purchased as a kit for around $40 it is -4 line and has all AN fittings you will need.

the whole idea of running an oil line into my car just doesnt appeal to me even though they are cheaper. but the stanless lines are much more reliable than the nylon lines

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back