The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Mechanic Music

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDude236

Proven Member
Mar 15, 2021
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
Just curious, what music does everyone listen to when working on your cars (if you listen to any at all)?

Personally I find that me and my dad shift bands quite often, but Animals as Leaders, Mastodon, Foo Fighters, and Volbeat are often played when we wrench on either of our cars.

I never seem to go wrong with Allman Brothers…
Some Dead, too. Something that stretches out, so it doesn’t seem like I’m spending too long doing things that should go faster.
In the winter my cold hass garage will kill my phone and bluetooth speaker so quickly I often don’t even put any on.

Lately it's lots of grunting as I lower myself to the creeper, discover I don't have the right tool, and get back up again. Repeat over and over for the next few hours punctuated by cussing and rust getting in my eyes.

🦗🦗🦗
I love my 80s and 90s Rock, but today, after work, the sound of my shop was silence as I knocked out both front hubs on my new to me 2004 Silverado Z71 in under 2 hrs. Nothing to distract me since this is the only vehicle I have that I don't own a FSM for.....yet.
Keeping up my work mode, I took advantage of the nice weather of 65*, right before the COLD FRONT AND ICE come in, to pop another ECMLINK computer that I purchased from a good friend into the 92 Talon. It still has issues I am sorry to say but I'm still plugging away at it and it is sitting outside beside my garage. She will run, just not like she should.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like to stay period correct for the fake nostalgia feelings that I get, so I mostly put on stuff like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Paul Oakenfold sets and similar from the late 90s. I just think that bands like Limp Bizkit are inherently linked to these cars.

Lately I've found some sick Japanese rap songs, the ones that don't show up just by searching "Jap rap" in youtube. As well as some similar Russian rap. I do also have a huge collection of proper country 🤠
👌

Something that stretches out, so it doesn’t seem like I’m spending too long doing things that should go faster.
Sounds like how I operate :D
I do also have a huge collection of proper country 🤠
👌
Classic country sounds good, and I listen to black metal a lot of times.

Dang, I’m glad I posted this because i’m really enjoying the responses!

listen to black metal a lot of times.
I don’t go as far as black metal but i am in the garage by myself i like to listen to deathmetal and deathcore.

I like to stay period correct for the fake nostalgia feelings that I get, so I mostly put on stuff like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Paul Oakenfold sets and similar from the late 90s.
Legend. Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish as albums are my jam. Likin park is good as well. Look up Rise of the Northstar if you like metal and Jap Rap, they are a fantastic band.

Also, respect to all the 80’s rock folks as well. Thats one of the genres I frequent, so respect to you all :hellyeah:

Old Ozzy Osbourne (Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman, the Randy Rhoads years) Iron Maiden, Zebra, Judas Priest, Kiss, Dio, Ratt, great guitar rock in other words, being as I like to play guitar myself as a side hobby, that era was the end of the guitar music, there's nothing newer that has the talent of that generation, not into cookie monster type screamo garbage at all.

Old Ozzy Osbourne (Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman, the Randy Rhoads years) Iron Maiden, Zebra, Judas Priest, Kiss, Dio, Ratt
Although i dont agree with your description of modern metal, I will agree that all of these bands had incredible musicians. Im also surprised someone else knows about Zebra as well, what a great band. Surprised you didnt mention dream theater though.
Me and my dad saw kiss in concert a couple years ago, and what a show it was. Although they are aging, their production quality and performance was on point.

Although i dont agree with your description of modern metal, I will agree that all of these bands had incredible musicians. Im also surprised someone else knows about Zebra as well, what a great band. Surprised you didnt mention dream theater though.
Me and my dad saw kiss in concert a couple years ago, and what a show it was. Although they are aging, their production quality and performance was on point.
Yes, Kiss defines what a rock and roll show can be and all that it should be for what you are paying, I have seen them 3-4 times, and have never left not feeling like I didn't get more than my moneys worth, in fact I once bought a nose bleed seat and the usher walked up and gave me a way better seat ticket and said "Kiss wants you to have the best seat that you can" he didn't in any way have to do that and no one would have known that they were going to do that and purposely bought a cheap seat, they really are in it for the fans, they have plenty of money and they will admit to that, I was lucky enough to see them with the original members a few years back too and it was on another level. Another great one to see was Alice Cooper, again this is a guy that does it because he loves doing it and he puts out an amazing show. Dream Theater is another one, Cinderella, White Lion, old Styx, old Bon Jovi (7800 Fahrenheit, Bon Jovi) Motley Crue the makeup days, Poison the makeup days, Old Van Halen, Old Aerosmith (Rocks, Toys in the attic), Rainbow, old Def Leppard (Pyromania) etc.

🦗🦗🦗
I love my 80s and 90s Rock, but today, after work, the sound of my shop was silence as I knocked out both front hubs on my new to me 2004 Silverado Z71 in under 2 hrs. Nothing to distract me since this is the only vehicle I have that I don't own a FSM for.....yet.
Keeping up my work mode, I took advantage of the nice weather of 65*, right before the COLD FRONT AND ICE come in, to pop another ECMLINK computer that I purchased from a good friend into the 92 Talon. It still has issues I am sorry to say but I'm still plugging away at it and it is sitting outside beside my garage. She will run, just not like she should.

Am I just staying up too late or does that Chevy have Toyota Tundra wheels on the front? LOL

Am I just staying up too late or does that Chevy have Toyota Tundra wheels on the front? LOL
It does, IDK why tho. It was on a used car lot in Joplin Mo and I have my own set of wheels/tires for it when I get the other stuff fixed. Good spot Solomon!!! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back