The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Mechanic does not know what is wrong after clutch install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommiman

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2004
Vaughan, Ontario_Canada
My mechanic does not know what is wrong after clutch install. He has already took out the tranny twice trying to figure this out.

The pedal is as hard as a rock. The car can be put in gear but only with massive pedal effort. We tried adjusting the upper stop out all the way thinking it was master cylinder "pump up".

Any ideas?

I got all the parts from a Mitsu dealer. I want to verify I received the right parts. Does anyone know what the starting with MD... part numbers are for the following:

clutch
pressure plate
throw out bearing

Thanks.

After having the car at the mechanic for four days it turns out the fork ball stud had to be shimmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back