The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

me too, almost 11s tonight....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimmie11s

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2003
So Cal., California
well, its 1 am here in sunny so cal. and im very, very tired. my excitement overwhelms my tiredness though, so i must share a great track experience with my new FP GREEN. i just intstalled this internally gated monster about 2 weeks ago. my setup is as follows: irc street core, 550s, hacked 1g maf, safc, STOCK longblock (including cams), 110 octane leaded (the only way i could run 22 psi with no knock on the 550s), FULL interior...3300lbs with me in it, and 2.5" dp and test pipe/ 3" cat back.

i visited california speedway here in fontana, ca. about a month ago with the EXACT setup i have now, except for the turbo.... my best pass on 91 octane pump gas and 17 psi (14b) was a 13.30@101. i told myself that i would NOT return until i knew the car would run EASY 12s.

forward to today 7-12-03. track opens for racing around 4 pm. i wait until about 7 pm to make a pass because it was over 100* outside today! long story short first pass: i miss 2ng AND 4th gear and run 13.1@110 mph. im pissed about missing the gears but im totally stoked over that mph!
pass #2. i line up with a stock appearing (but NASTY sounding) ls1 trans am. i launch on him HARD and instantly gain a car. he ends up running in my blind spot the WHOLE race so i knew he was close. anyway, nailed all gears and ran a [email protected] !! wow, im totally stoked. that pass was made at 22 psi and only 6! counts of knock for the whole pass. funny thing was, the ls1 also ran 114.42 mph.... he was right there...
pass #3: took out 5% fuel accross the board. line up with another ls1, i end up mauling this guy (he runs a 13.6@107) but miss 4th gear pretty bad. [email protected]. that would have been my 11 sec pass. i was pissed. my 8th mile time was a 7.91 @ 93 mph!! that bested my 12.3 pass by 1 tenth and 3 mph. that might have been the pass i was looking for... oh well, maybe next time.

i love the turbo though... next time, 11s on a stock motor...

-d

Dude, that's awesome! That means I'm just a turbo and a good intercooler away from 11's! I hope it's that easy.

ya, 660s are definitely on the way. the 550s and 110 leaded are a great combo for 25 psi at the track though. i only ran 23 psi that day, but did NOT get 1 count of knock....

-d

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back