The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

MBC Question/Plugging up the holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_Ranger

Banned Member
Aug 30, 2004
ca, Central_America
I got the Joe MBC and installed it today, so far so good, except I get some jerks in 3rd gear so I lowered the boost down. Anyway, I was wondering, you know how you plug the hole in the intake hose and the turbo compressor up? What about the wastegate solenoid? Do u put anything in there?

I just used vaccum caps.

No you don't need to worry about the stock BCS just leave it plugged in or you may get a CEL

So just buy some vacuum caps and plug the wastegate solenoid up? Does it make a difference plugged or unplugged?

S_Ranger said:
So just buy some vacuum caps and plug the wastegate solenoid up? Does it make a difference plugged or unplugged?

No cap the intake and cap the compressor housing on the turbo.

Leave the bcs plugged in as far as eletrical is concered you don't need any vaccum lines going to or from it anymore.

doug said:
Use the compressor housing nipple to source your MBC.

I had assumed he had used the BOV line since he said it was already installed or I would have suggested that.

EDIT : I have it sourced to the BOV line and the hose on the bottom of the MBC is lead to the wastegate. What's ur reason for suggesting the turbo compressor? I get what your saying now laser, thanks.

Well one line does go to the wastegate. The pressure source is whats debated between the BOV line and the compressor housing.

L2RTSiAWD said:
Well one line does go to the wastegate. The pressure source is whats debated between the BOV line and the compressor housing.

Oh, ok. What would u source it to laser?

S_Ranger said:
Oh, ok. What would u source it to laser?

You can say L2R or call me john, my name doesn't have anything to do with laser.

I currently have mine sourced at the compressor housing because I didn't feel like tapping the BOV line. Using a "T" can just create more leaks. I like it being clean with no breaks in the vacuum line.

L2RTSiAWD said:
I currently have mine sourced at the compressor housing because I didn't feel like tapping the BOV line. Using a "T" can just create more leaks.
That's exactly why I did mine that way, too.

I did realize he had it already installed at the BOV, but I still suggested using the compressor housing nipple anyway. He could either get a new hose to go from the BOV to intake manifold, or use a straight fitting to reconnect the two hose parts.

when i had my boost controller connected to the wastegate and the turbo compressor housing, i couldnt control boost.. it always jumped way past 15 psi, and i mean way past.. and i screwed it all the way out...and it wouldnt do anything...so i stuck the BCS back on.. then i looked and saw that many guys use the BOV line instead, so i tapped into that and "t'ed" it and plugged the compressor housing... now it sits steady around 13-14 psi like it should. :dsm:

I have a quick question i did a boost leak test on my car and when it gets to about 8 spi to about 10psi. I hear a hissing sound coming out the side of the mbc. There is a little hole there, i dont have a camera so i cant take a pic but yea air starts rushing out of there and doesnt let me build more then about 10psi. I am wondering does it do that when i am driving my car too or only cause i am doing the boost leak test. I doubt that is normal what should i do? can somebody post some pic of there joe p??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back