The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Maybe clutch problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90T5I

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2008
Grants pass, Oregon
so i will try to explain this the best of my ability. :) to fully disengage my clutch i gotta put it all the way to the floor. and even then it will still grind sometimes if im under heavy throttle :barf: especially from 1st to 2nd :( if i barley let off on my clutch it will start to grab jst like tickle it tho. im talking like an inch off the floor. so i looked at the slave cylinder down by the transmission and as soon as you start pushing on the clutch the cylinder will start pushing in the push rod. so i dont think its the linkage. any ideas guys? i need to get it fixed asap before i grind the shit outa my tranny.

Did this start happening out of the blue? Or did you just install a new clutch/flywheel?

Lots of clutch problems being posted lately, so here's my 3rd time posting this in the last couple days:

Adjusting your clutch: Try push in your slave cylinder. If it doesn't push in by hand, you have it adjusted up too much; if it does push in, adjust it up some more until it doesn't and then back it off slightly until it does push in again.

If, with the clutch adjusted this way, you have poor pedal, your slave cylinder or master cylinder are shot -- get new ones and try again. The slave and master together are like 40-50 bucks on ebay and work wonders on getting your clutch working properly and your tranny shifting easy.

When you have it adjusted properly AND you have good pedal feel:
Test (with car running and not moving): push clutch pedal down to floor, put your car in 1st gear, rev the rpms up to the highest rpm you ever shift at. If the car moves, your clutch is not disengaging all the way.

If your clutch is adjusted too low, it won't be able to disengage fully; if it's adjusted too high, your clutch will 'pump up' and cause it to slip.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back