The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

May Have Found A Way To Fund My Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyGrowsCold

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2003
Barnegat, New_Jersey
Well I may have found a way to fund my repair dealing with my bent valve(s) I recently found. I had my Jeep on craigslist a while back for one of those, ah let’s see if someone wants to buy it, kind of things. It does get daily driven and I kind of need it to get around since my wife uses her car although I've been car pooling to work lately so saving some money there. Back on topic I got a phone call yesterday from someone asking if I would like to trade so I ask what it is and its a 1967 AMC Rambler Rebel with a swapped SBC 400 with a bunch of supporting drive train mods and go fast parts. The guy wants to trade straight with no cash for my 92 Jeep Cherokee which currently has 220xxx miles and needs the front differential replaced. According to him for the car to be completed it needs the gas pedal linkage hooked up, sending unit installed and carpet put it and little misc. things. It's also glowing red on one header which sounds like a fuel issue to me being dual carbureted. I talked to a friend of mine who builds race engines for dirt track cars and he suggested I could probably sell the car for more than I could my jeep. My thought process here is, get the car finish it up than flip it and buy another daily and use the rest to fix up the talon. Only downside I can see is if the car has hidden issues and it takes a while to sell. Other than those I'll probably be driving around a 350hp+ grandpa looking car until it hopefully sells. That is of course if everything checks out and I agree to the deal.

Here's the car info. (Please excuse the grammar that is straight from the owner of the car spell check had fun with it and this is what remains.) Opinions are always welcomed.

Selling or trading my 67 rambler rebel as is. I need a daily driver it has an almost brand new 400 Chevy small block with dual high rise intake, 650 cfm edlebrock carbs, msd ignition mallory distributor, msd master blaster coil, gear drive, short headers, side pipes, iron eagle dart heads, too many parts to list.....th 350 trans and custom driveshaft, reareands 12 bolt posi richmond gears 410.custom gauge cluster, bucket seats b& m ratchet shifter, 350+ horse.motor runs but we never hooked up the gas pedal so car doesn’t move.motors strong and loud header on driver side gets bright red.believe its a vacuum leak. so you’d have to check it out. shouldn’t be too hard of a fix.needs alittle bit more work to be finished.powersteering pump, carpet, one fan needs to be wired, and gas pedal, and sending unit. it’s almost complete. worth alot.my loss your gain. if it goes up over 4500 ill throw in my tow dolly.need it gone have to get a truck. extremely rare car dont have time or money right now for it so just gunna get what i can for it. its a rare car dont see alot around exspecially modfied to a hotrod muscle car ratrod. i called it the four door from hell. got 9 into it hate to let it go but got no choice right now

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a dealers license and ive been buying selling and trading cars for years- i dunno about your area but around here older 4-door muscle cars are hard to give away - motor doesnt even matter - something like that around where i live would be lucky to bring $1500 ive had several older cars - speaking from experience - old ramblers arent rare or very sought after either - speaking from experience i'd pass on it honestly

Thanks for the feedback as I've done some research and found the AMC line in general not to be very desirable. I'm probably going to take a ride and see what it looks like for the fact that I told the guy I would but there was never an agreement the trade would happen so there are no ties there. I was thinking first IF the trade happened of attempting the sale of the car and if no luck there parting it out. Cars like this in my area are touch and go with sales sometimes everyone wants one other times, like you mentioned, you can't give them away.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back