The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G MaxPeedingRods Coilovers Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewy4g63

Proven Member
Sep 8, 2021
Lakeside, Arizona
Hey all! I just replaced my stock struts with the most budget friendly coilover you can buy. I had to modify the fronts to fit by sanding off the powder coating, the thickness of the powder coating made them thicker than the opening of the fork by a little, and I still wanted to put the bolt all the way in to hold them obviously. The rears fit perfectly. Below are pictures of the old and new suspension. I had some yellow oil in the box when I opened it, so I'm sure one of the shocks may be blown and that was shock oil. Thankfully they have a 1 year full replacement warranty! Not doing an install write up, as there are plenty of those. Now these coils tend to ride a bit stiff, which is how I personally like it. These have 24 way adjustable dampers, which adjust with a firm click each time. I run them maxed out. They don't last much more than a year normally so I would recommend these as a base line for length, getting familiar with height adjustment, and etc. DO NOT LOWER THE CAR WITH THE SPRING PRELOAD ADJUSTMENT, just use the body and mount threads to raise and lower as needed. If the shock is bottomed out on the body, you need new coils that are meant to go that low or bags.

Edit: Here is the link for the coils on their site.
First pic is before, 2nd is after.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, at $387 a set, I wouldn't expect them to last long, but who knows.

You going to put any sort of synthetic grease or anti-seize on the shock fork to coilover raw material so it doesn't make a complete nightmare to disassemble in the future?

Well, to be fair, at $387 a set, I wouldn't expect them to last long, but who knows.

You going to put any sort of synthetic grease or anti-seize on the shock fork to coilover raw material so it doesn't make a complete nightmare to disassemble in the future?
Already did, pic was with excess wiped off. Same with the rear body to hub mount.

Hey all! I just replaced my stock struts with the most budget friendly coilover you can buy. I had to modify the fronts to fit by sanding off the powder coating, the thickness of the powder coating made them thicker than the opening of the fork by a little, and I still wanted to put the bolt all the way in to hold them obviously. The rears fit perfectly. Below are pictures of the old and new suspension. I had some yellow oil in the box when I opened it, so I'm sure one of the shocks may be blown and that was shock oil. Thankfully they have a 1 year full replacement warranty! Not doing an install write up, as there are plenty of those. Now these coils tend to ride a bit stiff, which is how I personally like it. These have 24 way adjustable dampers, which adjust with a firm click each time. I run them maxed out. They don't last much more than a year normally so I would recommend these as a base line for length, getting familiar with height adjustment, and etc. DO NOT LOWER THE CAR WITH THE SPRING PRELOAD ADJUSTMENT, just use the body and mount threads to raise and lower as needed. If the shock is bottomed out on the body, you need new coils that are meant to go that low or bags.

First pic is before, 2nd is after.

Had done that on my car already bout 2 years ago. Don’t daily mine but drive it as much as weather allows me too. But for the money they ain’t bad ride just like any other car I ever rode in with coilovers that r slammed. Lol but yeah they r just beginner I guess cuse I’m sure one day u will upgrade again to better, just like I will but have fun and enjoy man keep doing what u can your self.

Update: Maxpeedingrods saw that it is indeed shock oil, and are sending out a replacement strut for when/if one blows prematurely. Great customer service, and they honor their warranties!

They just got back to me, and stood by their warranty whole heartedly. They're sending me a replacement strut in case one prematurely blows or if one feels different.
Well yeah, you just bought them. Hit them up in 11.5 months.

MSR is one of the worst companies on ebay hocking parts. The copying is egregious and blatant with poor execution.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back