The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Maxpeeding (eBay) H-Beam Rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97egl

Proven Member
Feb 6, 2014
Brownsburg, Indiana
Has anyone used these rods before?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Con...242323?hash=item3fee7f0893:g:q94AAOSwWpFfar~d

I know they are the lowest line budget rods. I am trying to lighten up a 6 bolt N/A to get it to wind up faster. I already have an aluminum flywheel which cut off about .3/4 a second a lap for me. So if I can get the rods lighter for a decent price I want to go that route hoping to shave off a few more tenths. If anyone has used them I was wondering if they had an idea how much lighter they where than stock and would be nice to verify reliability. If anyone has ran them with boost without issues I'm sure what I am doing should be ok.

Performance rods are usually heavier than stock rods unless you buy aluminum ones, if you want budget rods just pick up a set of Eagle rods, I would stay far away from Ebay for something that important.

Performance rods are usually heavier than stock rods unless you buy aluminum ones, if you want budget rods just pick up a set of Eagle rods, I would stay far away from Ebay for something that important.
Most H beams are lighter than stock.

OP those really look pretty good, if they are not lying to you, then that's a deal. I'd imagine they are made along side eagle and scat rods. Anyway, buy them knowing you might be throwing $280 away....If you buy them I'd plan on having a machine shop magniflux them, replacing the bolts with genuine ARP 2000, and having them resized. Chances are they will be fine, but if you plan on needing to spend money on them and they are good, then you luck out. Also keep in mind that you can probably get a new set of manley h beams for $350ish, but they also really should be checked out at a machine shop, (round and size on both ends, and balance)

Most H beams are lighter than stock.

OP those really look pretty good, if they are not lying to you, then that's a deal. I'd imagine they are made along side eagle and scat rods. Anyway, buy them knowing you might be throwing $280 away....If you buy them I'd plan on having a machine shop magniflux them, replacing the bolts with genuine ARP 2000, and having them resized. Chances are they will be fine, but if you plan on needing to spend money on them and they are good, then you luck out. Also keep in mind that you can probably get a new set of manley h beams for $350ish, but they also really should be checked out at a machine shop, (round and size on both ends, and balance)
Not the ones I have ran LOL.

@motomattx You must be thinking of 7 bolt rods. Stock 6 bolt rods usually weigh in just under 700 grams and Eagles site says 575-585 grams for their rods. I know 400 grams lighter overall isn't a lot but getting rid of any rotational weight helps. If saving 9 lbs on the flywheel is good for .7 seconds faster then 1 lb saved of the rods has to be good for close to another tenth. It is kinda a lot of money to shave off a tenth of a second now that I'm thinking about it.

@motomattx You must be thinking of 7 bolt rods. Stock 6 bolt rods usually weigh in just under 700 grams and Eagles site says 575-585 grams for their rods. I know 400 grams lighter overall isn't a lot but getting rid of any rotational weight helps. If saving 9 lbs on the flywheel is good for .7 seconds faster then 1 lb saved of the rods has to be good for close to another tenth. It is kinda a lot of money to shave off a tenth of a second now that I'm thinking about it.
Nah, not 7 bolt rods, I have custom H-beams made when I build an H-beam engine for someone, thats why they are heavy, when I use H-beams which I dont like, I want them strong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back