The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Max rev limit on stock short block rebuild w/ 57 trim & HKS valvetrain

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadeTreeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
i know there is a ton pf posts on the forums about stock rev limit but couldnt find anything as far as my setup, i just rebuilt my 6 bolt 3 months ago, got 2600 miles on the engine, as far as setup goes i have b-shafts removed, 2.5" i/c piping, SMIM, stock 6 bolt rods( shot peened) w/ arp bolts, arp main cap studs, stock crank and .20 over topline pistons. fresh rebuild head w/ hks 272's & dual valve springs/retainers, cometic head gasket and arp head studs. walbro 255 w/ simens deka 880cc injectors, 57 trim turbo w/ 4" anti surge compressor housing & .63ar turbine housing.

i was wanting some input on what would be a max safe rev limit on that setup, i dynoed it at 455 wheel @ 7300rpm 27psi. i just want to get max rpm without losing power, im trying to run it most effiecient at the track. ran a 13.1 @ 111mph, but then it started to rain so i got 1 run in, so what would be best rev limit on this setup so i know what to shift at, i know i could go test it out for myself but i dont wanna over rev it and damage the motor.

A good rule of thumb is to shift 200 past your peak horsepower, if yours is 455awhp @ 7.3k then try to hit your shifts around 7.5k to 8k. Your setup could probably go to 8.5k but your not going to be in your powerband when you shift into the next gear and you'll also be blowing hot air from 7.5k to 8.5k.

:dsm:

First off. How did you only trap 111mph, at 455 awhp? What kind of spoolup are you seeing from that turbo, and what is the boost recovery like?

Whats up Nick,

Its Vinny that lives in plantation by PPD you tried helping me with the white dsm, i wanna check out the car bring it by sometime but yea i was reving my stock 200k motor to 7500 with the ebay 16g it still pulled some what up there on 27psi and cams

Ya what happend MPH and ET? i went 11.54@111 braking kinda hard on the 16g thank god for corn juice

First off. How did you only trap 111mph, at 455 awhp? What kind of spoolup are you seeing from that turbo, and what is the boost recovery like?

yea i had a 2.1 60ft, not that great, 1st time at the track, and i only got 1 run in then it started to rain, but im going again in 2 weeks, it should do way better 2nd time around, i just need to get used to the track. im shooting for 11's by the end of that night

yea i had a 2.1 60ft, not that great, 1st time at the track, and i only got 1 run in then it started to rain, but im going again in 2 weeks, it should do way better 2nd time around, i just need to get used to the track. im shooting for 11's by the end of that night

Thats why i asked about the turbo performance. Your et is directly related to your driving ability. The trap speed is more related to vehicle weight, and power, than your driving skill.

Thats why i asked about the turbo performance. Your et is directly related to your driving ability. The trap speed is more related to vehicle weight, and power, than your driving skill.
Agreed. You can tell a vehicles potential by checking the trap speed, the ET is driverskill. As an example I was running an 8.5 @ 90mph, that means theres some drive mod that needs to happen. :rolleyes:

:dsm:

as far as my turbo's performance goes, it spools up pretty quickly to 25 lbs, i just need to tweak my tune a little bit more and get better at running it at the track, i think i see full boost somewhere around 3500-4200, im not exactly sure, i know its in that range, bit laggy but im currently making a spray bar for the intercooler, the weather down here gets in the high 90's sometimes in summer. i know when i dynoed it after 30 dyno pulls i lost 40hp from heat soak. so i definetely need so spray to cool my intake temps, might even do meth injecton

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back