The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Max Hp with stock internals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^^^^But what was the weight of the car.

Dsmx17, Just imagine what you could have done with the 7bolt :p

It had changed my POV of the 6bolt block forever after seeing your results. You didn't even use race bearings and/or arp rod bolts.

damn that is a very nice setup and congrats on all that power on the stock block. Im just hoping to get 400+ on mine haha.

How did you do that?
I got 402awhp on my stock 7bolt. I will be pushing it more with upgraded TB, SMIM, and no more bottlenecks.

^^^^But what was the weight of the car.

Dsmx17, Just imagine what you could have done with the 7bolt :p

It had changed my POV of the 6bolt block forever after seeing your results. You didn't even use race bearings and/or arp rod bolts.

Only mod to the bottom end pulling the balance shafts, completely stock everything else, waterpump, oil pump etc.. its head only mods, cams valve springs and retainers.

My car isnt full weight either ;)

I cannot figure out why is the clutch included with creep, I think that ACT 2100 can handle 300 whp, I am wrong?
when i took away the restriction of the cat it increasted my torque a lot. and the Fidanza stage 1 brand new coundnt take it. It slips at about 5grand. and creeps from 13-25psi. but since you have an external wastegate you should be fine!

well all i am trying to go for is 350-400 on my car have fun with all your big ass numbers i am done since my gst with big numbers i just want something that is decently quick so when the o2 dump opens at stoplights girls will give me their panties wet LOL.....

my freinds car that i put to gether and tuned made 518hp at 27psi on a stock block and intake
manny with cams and support mods on e85 and fp 3052.

Wow, did the "6-bolts are better than 7-bolts" argument just take a hit? LOL I'm hoping for ~25psi with a WHC1 or HX35 (which ever I find cheapest :) ) by the end of the summer. I'm glad to hear the stock block will be able to take the pressure. I really didn't want to have to rebuild it. Money spent better elsewhere.

Congratulation Men I could not believe this huge power on stock 7 bolts :rocks: on my side I ll change the exhaust and try to hit 300 whp at 23 psi sooo :thumb:Thank you guys

That was 600+whp on a 6 bolt not a 7 bolt

That was 600+whp on a 6 bolt not a 7 bolt

Dang, I saw the OP had a 97 and the 600+whp was on a 98. I somehow completely missed reading that it was a 6-bolt. Oh well, 400 hp is about the limit of what I'm shooting for anyways.

Yep, its a stock 6 bolt, I pulled the 7 bolt around 420whp for fun more or less, the 7 bolt is still in good shape, thought it spun a bearing, turned out the throwout bearing was destroyed.

Idk, I guess it was a worth while investment. LOL

My 7 bolt went out right around 400 hp. I was running straight E-85 @ 26 psi and the link. However, I do believe I was low on oil and water :sosad: ..

Sounds like you owned yourself there good sir. Thats one of the things i keep an eye on constantly. ESPECIALLY if I was running +18 lbs AND e85. Lesson learned.

But anyway, 400 whp sounds right. But if your aiming Higher than 400 whp.... WHY would you have stock internals considering your spending that much money to make more than 400 hp. Seems like you should spend money on support to make the motor last in the long run. We all know we have cheap & fast cars. But dont be cheap on your ride... be cheap on your girl. Pimpin aint easy :thumb:

Sounds like you owned yourself there good sir. Thats one of the things i keep an eye on constantly. ESPECIALLY if I was running +18 lbs AND e85. Lesson learned.

But anyway, 400 whp sounds right. But if your aiming Higher than 400 whp.... WHY would you have stock internals considering your spending that much money to make more than 400 hp. Seems like you should spend money on support to make the motor last in the long run. We all know we have cheap & fast cars. But dont be cheap on your ride... be cheap on your girl. Pimpin aint easy :thumb:

I've had the bearings/rods to replace my engine when (if) it lets loose, its been a pretty good social experiment, you wouldnt belive how many people I have tell me my car isnt possible, its funny to think how many good friends of mine have been on stock engines for a long time making well over 400whp....it all comes down to putting together a good vehicle, and quality tuning.

I've had the bearings/rods to replace my engine when (if) it lets loose, its been a pretty good social experiment, you wouldnt belive how many people I have tell me my car isnt possible, its funny to think how many good friends of mine have been on stock engines for a long time making well over 400whp....it all comes down to putting together a good vehicle, and quality tuning.
whats the recommended parts to make 400hp reliable on a 7 bolt?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back