The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Master Cylinder Rod Adjustment Fix!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I've seen alot of guys including myself struggle with the 1g master cylinder rod adjustment running out of thread and still being able to push in the slave cylinder by hand. With this happening you can't really adjust the clutch like in Jacks video. I've fought this problem every since I've owned my dsm and have tried rebuilt Jacks tranny with shimmed pivot, two act streetlite flywheels, new act clutch and pressure plate (2600), new oem master, slave, tob, clutch fork sets in the right spot and still the same problem. Finally I found a fix to this problem and its a simple fix. I took out my master adjustment rod and changed it out with a 2g rod. This gave me about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of rod adjustment. All you have to do is remove the clip around the master cylinder adjustment rod and it comes out. Throw in the 2g and install clip and reinstall the master cylinder, bleed, adjust and boost on.

This changed were my clutch grabbed, its not right of the floor anymore and also got rid of the free play at the top of the pedal I had. I'll try to get pictures of the rods side by side to post up for you guys.

GIVE THIS A TRY ONLY IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM THE PROPER WAY.

I'd like to hear your results if you try this method.

Last edited:
All you need to do is remove the clip and the rod comes out. The part # is CM1381 and I got it from O'Reillys for 48 bucks. I'd check your local junk yard 1st to save some cash. The good thing about it is you dont have to remove the gold clip where the rod screws into.

Attachments

• IMAG0733.jpg
    IMAG0733.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 656
  • IMAG0730.jpg
    IMAG0730.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 649
  • IMAG0731.jpg
    IMAG0731.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,002
  • IMAG0732.jpg
    IMAG0732.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 691
  • IMAG0734.jpg
    IMAG0734.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 726
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back