The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

massive oil leak..need some ideas/oppinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masakari

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2004
belpre, Ohio
had my car out dialing in my afc the other day..was comming out of a 3rd gear pull when my oil warning light came on...i was about 3 miles from the house so i backed off of it and drove home at low rpms..when i got out of the car there was oil thrown all over the driverside of my car :confused:

i popped my hood and the leak appears to be comming from the oil filter assembly, it looks as though it just sprayed oil in high volume everywhere..its all over the belts, bottom of the hood, top of the engine...everywhere...

before i start ripping into this thing i thought i would ask here to see if there is anything on that assembly that is a known problem child that would cause this serious of a leak....my money is on the turbo oil line, it apears to still be screwed in tight, but i wont know for sure till i get it up in the air for a closer look...any other suggestions?

Yes, if the filter is not on tight enough they tend to shoot oil all over the place, tighten the oil filter and see if that solves your problem.

You want to tighten the oil filter about 1.5 turns after the gasket makes contact.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back