The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

mass over boosting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

presser 93

Probationary Member
Dec 27, 2012
jamestown, North_Dakota
My 95 eclipse gst developed a boost problem its holding high boost at idle and won't stay running. I've looked up vaccum diagrams for it and everything there is right and it doesn't have any cracks or leaks in any lines. It seems to fire up and run like nothing is wrong after it cools down but every time it hits about 4000 rpm its starts over boosting and not blowing off then it mantains the high boost till it cools down again and it likes to spit black shit out the exhaust when it starts up and I've dropped the exhuast out and cleaned it . The cars not burning any oilk or even running to ritch to be causing that. If the rpms stay under 4000 the problem never shows up I've pulled everything out and gone threw it and still can't find a problem what am I missing

Without any numbers, your post makes no sense. What gauge are you using to measure boost? Do you have a wide band? Can you log this problem? We need factual information to help you.

Sounds like he's looking at the factory gauge which is just a measure of how much air is going through your MAF NOT a direct measure of how much pressure is truely in you intake manifold, you have a boost leak most likely...

Sounds like he's looking at the factory gauge which is just a measure of how much air is going through your MAF NOT a direct measure of how much pressure is truely in you intake manifold, you have a boost leak most likely...

This and most likely a few more issues. What turbo is causing this? Do you have an mbc and is it hooked up backwards?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back