The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

MAS problems= Bad Idle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIAWDTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2002
Greensburg, Kentucky
Hacked my mas after buying an S-AFC. Car idle went to sh!t. I removed both upper and lower honeycombs (I know) . Well any who, I just bought a unhacked mas from a boneyard (got a stock airbox, mas ,and bcs for $ 40.00 :D ) and installed it, bad idle went away for a couple of days. Now its back, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the problem. Before with the hacked mas if it was cold it would idle fine, as it warmed up it would surge from 1500-1000. After the new mas was put in I set the base idle to 750 by grounding the clip under the hood and by the fuse box (thanks vfaq!) Now when it warms up, sometimes it still surges to 1500, sometimes not. Any suggestions? After putting the unhacked mas back in and resetting the S-AFC I noticed the car felt a lot better at high rpm high boost conditions. Any help would be appreciated.

Justin

Didja reset the ECU? Needs to relearn.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back