The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Maryland Emissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeak104

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2005
Jasper, Indiana
I'm getting ready to move to Maryland in May from Indiana. I've never had to do any type of emission or safety inspection what so ever here in IN. My main question is what all do they do for testing as far as safety and visual inspection.

I still have all of my emissions equipment, and no check engine light. I do have a fmic, soon to have a holset and 3" exhaust. Car isn't lowered at all, but I do have aftermarket wheels that are the stock size. Will any of these types of mods fail me?

And one final question, my car was originally a fwd auto, now awd manual. Will this cause any problems for me when they run my VIN?

Thanks for any help you can offer as I am entirely new to this.

It is alot of bs but the nice part is it only has to be done once, vin wont matter at all they dont look that hard into it. They look for alot of things like lights brakes tires susension seatbelts horn cat and a few others. Ill look to see if i have a form around here to scan then put it up for you to see. The biggest pain in the ass is emissions they do it every two years and since you have obd 2 it wont be that bad. If you have anymore questions ill try to answer them the best i can. What area are you moving to?

You can go on Marylands MVA website and see what they check. If Ziggy cant find a form I have 2 boxes of there here at the shop and can scan on.

Don

if you have alot of your stock parts bring them with you, just in case you get a bad shop and the people are dicks. the biggest trouble you will have is the exhaust. as long as you have a cat and a decent muffler you should be ok.

for inspection they check all lights, suspension, steering, exhaust, tires (you need just about new tires to pass), and just anything that is essential for the car to run safely.

once you pass inspection, emmissions is easy if your OBD 2. all you do is pay $14 and they hook up the computer to it and 2 min later your done.

if your OBD 1 there gonna put it on the rollers and hook up the sniffer.

The biggest PITA is the safty inspection. Find some inpection place out in the sticks to do it, thats what I had to do. And yes since you have a 95 they throw it on the rollers so its harder to pass the emmisions test every two years. Since you still have all of your stock eq. on the car I do't see any issues. They shouldn't fail you for the FMIC and rims.

Hmm well poop I was just hoping for the quick scan and I'm done. I'm in Mt. Airy now but haven't changed my address yet so I can buy some time to work out stuff on mine and my wife's talon. Know any good places out in the sticks or places that are a little more forgiving to modded cars?

pm me if you guys fail emmissions and need help, but you must go and fail first

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back