The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM Map Sensors above 5 bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikoberdorfer

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Hello,
What map sensor are people using to run boost above the limit of a 5 bar AEM sensor? I see AEM offers a map sensor which goes to a higher level of positive pressure, but doesn't seem to be able to register vacuum. Please share what you are doing. Also, is the series 1 AEM box capable of dealing with boost pressures above 5 bar?

Thanks
Erik

MAP is "Manifold Absolute Pressure". 1 Bar is 1 atmosphere. Less than 1 Bar is vacuum. AEM series 1 can be configured to use any 5v pressure sensor.

The 5 Bar MAP is 1 Bar vacuum & 4 Bar of boost.

Last edited:
Hello,
What map sensor are people using to run boost above the limit of a 5 bar AEM sensor? I see AEM offers a map sensor which goes to a higher level of positive pressure, but doesn't seem to be able to register vacuum. Please share what you are doing. Also, is the series 1 AEM box capable of dealing with boost pressures above 5 bar?

Thanks
Erik
As @Mello mentioned above, you can use any 5v linear output pressure sensors by changing the parameters for MAP in AEMPro.
You need a MAP sensor (PSIa), that's the one can measure vacuum. The sensors you checked are PSIg sensors which can not measure vacuum.
AEM now have a 7 bar PSIa sensor which you can measure max 85 psi of boost. The part number is 30-2130-7.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hiroshi,
Thank you for sharing the AEM 30-2130-7 PSIA sensor. I had looked on the AEM website and somehow missed this. I currently use an aem 5 bar in my 1g, but may need the extra capacity of the 30-2130-7 sensor. This would be what I am looking for.

Mello,
I appreciate the feedback as well.

Erik

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back