The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual Transmission Fluid Preference

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucknasty

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2012
glen burnie, Maryland
Looking for reviews of synthetic manual transmission fluids. Right now i run red line and it's ok when it's warm but it's terrible when it's cold. I wanted to switch to eneos due to great reviews from scion drivers but wanted mitsubishi reviews. I know BG synchroshift 2 is great, but it's hard to find and expensive.

Don't know about 3G trannies - they may require their own fluids - check with your local MITSU dealer.

BG is too thin for DSM usage-you'll eventually destroy the syncros and the gear set.

I'd keep the Redline MT-90, for that is what you want in there...or you could get AMSOIL Universal Transaxle Fluid .. best stuff out there for any manual tranny!

think of it this way, my tranny is shared with the evo 8 just no t-case and a bell housing for a v6 instead. that is why 3g v6 mt 5th gears swap into evo's for better mpg. was just looking for regular reviews. the stuff the dealer carries nowadays is trash. it's some chrylser fluid (bg used to sold as chrysler stores but this replaced it and is not nearly as good from reviews). i have redline mt-90 in there now but in the cold it sucks. in daily driving it isn't that great either, now if i nail it for like 3 minutes straight or heavy on/off throttle it's great when it warms up. i mean feels new. so i am not a big fan of it as of right now, and i have heard others have the same problem as mine. i was just looking for an overall review of eneos mt fluid. i used their oil and it made a hell of a difference. i always used quakerstate ultimate durability (aka horsepower) which is low viscosity in all weights (it will leak everywhere you may have a small leak) and gets dirty quick. mobil 1 was a bit better since it was a bit thicker. tried q 10w 40 stil didn't feel right. with eneos 5w30 though feels great, slowed the leak in my camshaft oil seal, and doesn't get dirty quickly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back