The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

manual transmission fluid 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fast gs

Banned Member
Sep 29, 2004
brooksville, Florida
hey I got a 420a manual transmission do I use atf transmission fluid????

fast gs said:
hey I got a 420a manual transmission do I use atf transmission fluid????
when i went to autozone they didnt have the right fluid i needed. in the chiltons manual it says to use "Texaco MTX fluid FM". i couldnt find it anywhere so i just went to satan (the mitsu dealership) to get the oil they use. 5 bucks a quart :thumbdown

The fluid you need in a manual transmission for the 2gnt's is from the dealership. Word for word the fluid is called "Manual Transaxle Fluid". It is specifically for these transmissions whose model number is NVT-350. It's not to be confused with Manual TRANSMISSION fluid. Other people have tried Redline fluid, syncroshift, and other fluids but the Syncros in the transmission do NOT like it much. I would stick with the dealership fluid.
:thumb:

aliczander said:
The fluid you need in a manual transmission for the 2gnt's is from the dealership. Word for word the fluid is called "Manual Transaxle Fluid". It is specifically for these transmissions whose model number is NVT-350. It's not to be confused with Manual TRANSMISSION fluid. Other people have tried Redline fluid, syncroshift, and other fluids but the Syncros in the transmission do NOT like it much. I would stick with the dealership fluid.
:thumb:
This guy^^^ is correct DO NOT put anything in that trany other than the proper fluid from the dealer. It's usually about $11 a quart but you only need 2 and you don't have to change the stuff very often.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back