The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual Boost Controller...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLeyesONmyGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 9, 2004
Los Angeles, California
hey guys... well i got the external wastegate hooked up off my manifold along with the evoIII turbo... when i run boost off the wastegate and disconnect the boost controller... it holds at 12psi until redline (running boost off the spring...) its a tial 38mm wastegate.... when i hook up the vacuum lines to the boost controller the boost is no longer controlled... hitting 26+ psi... i was wondering what type of manual boost controller you guys use, and recommend.... thanks:dsm:

Are you sure you have your controller adjusted right? sounds like the problem to me, turn the nob all the way out and see if it still rises the high.

... dont turn it out so far that it will fall out later.

If you want to replace it then I would recomend a hallman MBC but just about any one that you can find from a shop like Buschur, SBR, ExtremePSi etc. should do

Reverse the hoses in and out of the EBC and try again.

nothing seems to be working at all... i must have tried 20 different combinations... can anyone take a picture of their setup with their EBC or possibly a detailed description of which line goes where... i have the greddy profec B spec II

ive tired all combos that i can think of... tip nipple... side nipple... my own nipple (j/k)... none seem to work... :dsm: i have the profec B spec II manual, and thats what i was following (pg. 10)... and it still failed to cooperate... should i purchase a manual boost controller - hope it works, and call it a day ?

Okay, where ever you vaccum source is(Bov line or side of turbo) That goes into the side of the WG. T into that line and into the boost solenoid NC side. COM side of the solenoid goes to the top of the WG. Set the boost a little above the WG spring, like 14-15 psi to confirm that your solenoid is working properly. If you get boost spike real bad, turn the gain down. If the boost falls off at high rpm's or keeps increasing as rpm's increase, raise the gain. Hope that helps, if you have any Q's my AIM name is the same as my user name on here.

ALLeyesONmyGSX said:
anything... ? :dsm:
It's pretty obvious that either you have a defective EBC or it's not hooked up right, what more do you want from us? :p

oldman said:
It's pretty obvious that either you have a defective EBC or it's not hooked up right, what more do you want from us? :p

LOL... good one... :thumb: im gonna give it a shot with b16edcrxblitz's directions one more time tomorrow morning and see whats going on... i will keep you guys posted... :dsm:

well guys... looks like the profec B II is a POS... i dont recommend it to anyone at all under any conditions... :nono: ive done it all and it still doesnt work... and i have an external wastegate!!! any other solutions before i order my manual boost controller, or will that be the same garbage??? (sorry for such frustration on this thread... its just a complete waste of $300 :notgood: :dsm:

If you have a friend with a turboed car, maybe try it on their car..in the meantime, get yourself a Joe P MBC.

Take the Profec B back for a refund..if you can't, sell it on Ebay. Just clearly put 'I could not get this to work, so I am not sure if it actually works or not. Sold as is'. There's always somebody out there who'll buy it thinking they could probably get it to work. At least then you'll get SOME money out of it.

I'm guessing this is brand new? So why can't you just take it back to where you got it from for a refund?

i got shafted because the distributor that i bought this boost controller from is no longer in business... hmmm--- i wonder why???:confused: LOL... anyway, i also contacted Greddy directly, and they said they have heard of the unit being defected for VW's, but no DSMs ... they just werent working with me at all i guess... ill post it on ebay--- hopefully someone will pick it up... so Joe P XZ MBC it is ??? are these known to work quite efficiently? thanks guys :dsm:

ALLeyesONmyGSX said:
i got shafted because the distributor that i bought this boost controller from is no longer in business... hmmm--- i wonder why???:confused: LOL... anyway, i also contacted Greddy directly, and they said they have heard of the unit being defected for VW's, but no DSMs ... they just werent working with me at all i guess... ill post it on ebay--- hopefully someone will pick it up... so Joe P XZ MBC it is ??? are these known to work quite efficiently? thanks guys :dsm:

Joe P and Hallman are two (in my opinion) of the best MBCs. I see cars with 3-4yr. old Hallman MBCs that are still tip-top. No corrosion, clogging or spring 'relaxing'.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back