The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual boost controller that closes when reached a certain pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lars y

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2007
Halden, Europe
Hi,
This is kinda hard to explain, but i have a normal ball and spring boost controller now, but it isn`t working properly, it isn`t holding enough boost and it gets stuck sometimes.
So i`m going to get another one, and iv`e heard of a certain valve that closes when it`s given a certain amount of pressure, but i don`t know what this valve is named.

This valve is installed between the pressure point after the turbo and the top port on the wastegate. The vacuum hose on the pressure after the turbo is also t`ed into the bottom port of the wastegate.

What is this type of valve named?
And is this kind of system named something special?

Thank you.

It could be called an electronic boost controller. Or even a boost control solenoid, like the factory unit. Not absolutely sure which you're referring to. Both require a programmed logic, or at least a hobb's switch in order to operate.

Last edited:
No it`s completely manual, no electronics.

I`ll draw you a (very crude) diagram.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It`s basically a valve that stops flow when the valve sees a certain amount of pressure.

That way the wastegaste`s upper port wont see as much pressure as the lower port when the pressure in the hose reaches a certain point, and the wastegate will open.

I was at a professional tuner to tune my car, but we found out my spring and ball boost controller couldn`t hold boost over 1,5 Bar so he put this valve he had on it witch looks like the drawing i made. Now i want to get one of those for myself.

Thanks

Ah, thanks!

I think i might have misunderstood, that valve might just be a bleeder valve, that bleeds a small percentage of the boost to the top port.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back