The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Manual boost controller install 2GB

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy

Supporting Member
Mar 13, 2022
Chandler, Arizona
Yo. Hopefully this isn’t a repost. I installed a manual boost controller on my 99 GSX and I’m not convinced it’s installed correctly. The instructions say to install one end to the wastegate and one end to the turbo or intake manifold… but as seen in the 2GB vacuum diagram below the turbo and wastegate are on a t post and the other end is into the intake. Do I remove the T and connect to the turbo/wastegate or do I use the stock tube configuration and replace the wastegate solenoid with the manual boost controller as it’s currently tubed?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Solution
No pictures yet… BUT! I did open the boost controller and found the ball in the wrong valve next to the spring instead of under it. I also found the spring pinned under threading so as not to be as loose as the lowest setting should allow.
No test drive yet but seems to be a clear culprit.
Also ordered a new Idle Air Control. Not having one is annoying.
Ended up returning to stock. Just couldn’t handle the boost and fuel cut. I’ll try again with better fuel delivery and a better boost controller.
Fuel cut is not based on fuel delivery. If you put in a bigger fuel pump it will not solve fuel cut.

Fuel cut is not based on fuel delivery. If you put in a bigger fuel pump it will not solve fuel cut.
Ummm… isn’t that the whole point? Am I just using the wrong words? I mean maybe not just a pump but injectors too. I’m pretty sure that solves the inability to deliver enough fuel for the boost.

Ummm… isn’t that the whole point? Am I just using the wrong words? I mean maybe not just a pump but injectors too. I’m pretty sure that solves the inability to deliver enough fuel for the boost.
Not exactly. Fuel cut is based solely on airflow. It's the tuning solution along with injectors etc that allow you to work around this.

Just FYI the guy who makes the NXS boost controller is/was a DSMer and if you tell him you’re a DSMer/from DSMTuners he’ll give you a (slight) discount.

He builds these by hand and stuff happens. I spent $2500+ on a “reputable big name” company (Miller auto parts) and got completely screwed over with junk and terrible service. I’ve also spent $10 on a 3D printed keychain for my talon and got incredible customer service and a great product.

The whole “get what you pay for” doesn’t exactly exist anymore. Expensive doesn’t always equal automatically better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back