1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Manifold Pressure Switch

Posted by jdub099, Sep 4, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. jdub099

jdub099 Supporting VIP

Joined Sep 2, 2019
    Denver, Colorado
    So I just got my first DSM in several years and things are slowly coming back to me but this car is modified and the builder is no longer with us from what I've heard. In my sort of inspection I've found what looks like a pressure switch. I don't know what mod or device the car has that would need a pressure switch. Modded 1G BOV? No and the switched wire appears to head into the passenger compartment. Anyone have any ideas? I just can't remember what this could be for. Not sure if this is even a newbie question or not but kind of seems like it.

Attached Files:

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Water/meth injection?

Street Build 249  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

351  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 891  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    silvreclips likes this.
  3. jdub099

jdub099 Supporting VIP

Joined Sep 2, 2019
    Denver, Colorado
    Perhaps at one point, but it's not presently on the car. I'm getting several boxes of parts tomorrow, I'll look and see if I find any meth injection stuff. He was a DIY guy and bought the car new. It could have been something he had at one point but took off.

4. BTKai

BTKai Probationary Member

Joined Jan 1, 2019
    Hamptonville, North Carolina
    It looks like the boost switch for water methanol injection!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019

Street Build 638  4

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. jdub099

jdub099 Supporting VIP

Joined Sep 2, 2019
    Denver, Colorado
    You guys are totally correct! Found this in the boxes of spare parts that got dropped off today. Looks like a water/meth injection pump to me. If it was cleanly installed I might leave the switch for possible future purposes, but since it's just hanging there I'll probably just pull the thing out and avoid a future potential boost leak if the hose cracks or something.

Attached Files:

6. jdub099

jdub099 Supporting VIP

Joined Sep 2, 2019
    Denver, Colorado
    The plot thickens. Found this post by the original owner regarding his dual fuel pumps.

Either way, since I'm going back to a single pump, it's getting removed.