The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manifold for my rwd Bug.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash89

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
While this whole car is a candidate for this page i thought id at least put this part here. Last week i found some 1/2” stainless. Spent a little time working one a head flange and a T3 flange for my manifold. I traced out the flange from a factory manifold and used that for a reference. Ill be using some 1 1/4” schedule 10 304 stainless for this. I cant wait to get started!!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 5258BBAA-D12A-4727-93A2-8DC42963186F.jpeg
    5258BBAA-D12A-4727-93A2-8DC42963186F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
Well, upon getting my piping for the manifold (thanks Peepers!!) i found that even if i were to oval the pipes i would still have a slight gap at my joints. I didnt like that. So i made a new flange, this time out of mild steel. I feel this will work a lot better. I still plan to port the head side to match the exhaust port. I will most likely make a new t3 flange in the same fashion.

Got working on the manifold the last couple days! Constructive criticism welcome. Being such a tight space makes it quite difficult but i think im getting it. Ill possible have to move the upper control arm if/when i need to remove the manifold.

Got working on the manifold the last couple days! Constructive criticism welcome. Being such a tight space makes it quite difficult but i think im getting it. Ill possible have to move the upper control arm if/when i need to remove the manifold.
I can't wait to see the finished product. Quick question though, are you getting it chromed or polished? How will you finish it?

I can't wait to see the finished product. Quick question though, are you getting it chromed or polished? How will you finish it?
I havent decided yet. I might go with some kind of ceramic coating. Depends on funds! My budget is getting quite thin and i have some more high dollar things to buy yet!

I havent decided yet. I might go with some kind of ceramic coating. Depends on funds! My budget is getting quite thin and i have some more high dollar things to buy yet!
You could do a spray can job, that silver works very very well and actually lasts

Changed the entry to the collector a little bit and finished the other runner!! Im so pumped for this thing!

Got the manifold welded up and test fit! I will grab some more photos! Still need to figure out the wastegate positions, that will come when i get some!

Finally got around to ordering some gates. Got them finished up last night. Now the manifold will not fit with the factory manifold studs installed. Sooo ill need to use bolts and a lot of never seize!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back