The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

making a dispute through Paypal is just like doing a survey

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
making a dispute through Paypal is just like doing a survey and does no good? I'm making my second dispute since I've had a Paypal account. The first one didn't go well. I won the dispute but didn't see one cent. Just because back then I was 17 I couldn't go to that guy's house who scammed me, I knew his address but was too young and stupid to make a police report from his city. Just for the lulz can I still do it (100 dollars are 100 dollars)? The guy deserves to pay. Ok so i'm making my second dispute because an ebay seller hasn't not sent me what I bought. My question is, if paypal doesn't return my money...Can I dispute it with my bank to get my money back.

You should call the bank and ask them.

I filed a dispute with paypal once, and got my money back in about 2 weeks. It was only $57 though.

Ok I was just about to make a new thread regarding a similar situation. I just bought a turbo from another forum (not giving names). The turbo was rather cheap and the seller kept constant contact throughout all my question an even sent me all the pics.

Now I sent him money through paypal about two days ago and Ive been asking him since, if he could send me a tracking number but havent heard from him, he just told me the it was sent Monday morning. Idk why but I haver a feeling Im not going to see that turbo... my paypal account is linked to my debit card not a credit card

I heard that you can contact your bank and file a dispute through them. The bank will not argue with you since they are YOUR bank and they will be on your side. Since paypal is the middle man, the bank would eventually TAKE the money from Paypal and give it to me. Now the paypal is out that amount of money, so they will go after the seller looking for their money. And Voila! I have my money back... Is this how it works or am I just thinking wishfully??

I have filed through my bank before and got my money back. But, be forewarned that paypal has the right to cancel or suspend your account for doing this. It is in the agreement you signed with paypal. Not saying they will, as they did nothing to my account, but they can.

I got took for $250 dollars and only got $90 back through paypal so i went to the credit card firm i used and they are going to get the rest, i dont give a rats what paypal do or think as long as i get my money :cool:

I recently bought a turbo on ebay. Dude wouldn't reply and I didn't get the turbo for a week in half(we live in same state) so I filed a resolution with paypal. Then I escalated it to a claim. they gave him a week or two to reply to their emails. He didn't so I got a full refund.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back