The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Making a custom map just for getting a good CO2 emissions readout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
Ok so here's the deal:

Up to this point my Talon has passed annual inspection (no cat, stock ECU stock map). However, now they implemented a new bullshit rule to do with the EURO emissions standards (from 0 to 6). Now when I go to get my annual tech inspection, they also hook up a sniffer and they get the CO2 readout. Then based on that, you get a sticker; where the higher the EURO number, the less you'll have to pay and the lower the number, the more you'll pay. Usually Euro 2G DSMs are EURO 2 standard, but a turbo DSM doesn't have one at all because it's turbo and was never meant for the European market.

So now that I finally got myself DSMlink, would I be able to make a custom idle map just for when I go to get this inspection done. I was thinking of running a very lean AFR, something like 18:1 at idle of course being careful not to melt or knock things through. As far as I know they just require you to leave your car idling with full accessories on and they sniff it for maybe 10 seconds up the rear. I've got my EGR valve blocked off and the pcv system is clean and working as it should. With a lean mixture I think it should be possible to get some "clean" CO2 numbers and hopefully pull a dieselgate of my own.

What do you think? Any pointers to which settings I could play around with?

No E85 around here, at least not openly sold. You gotta have connections to the only refinery in the country and get some through there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back