The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Major update, need your opinions (MAFT G2, 16G, fuel and more)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prodigyman

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
My current setup:
Engine has less then 41 000 km on it. Running @ 14 PSI of boost
Forced Performance Big T28, Slow Boy Racing stainless steel water/oil delivery/out lines.
Ported Exhaust Manifold
Hybrid Connections 2.5" o2 Sensor housing
2.5" Custom welded down pipe
3" Custom welded stainless steel Exhaust with 3" HIGH FLOW Magna FlowCAT and 4" Magna Flow Muffler
32" Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Welded 2.5" Front Mount Intercooler pipes
Greedy Type RS BOV vented :(
Injen Intake
Stock Pump
Brand new Ignition Coil
Brand new K&N very low resistance Spark plug wires
New ACT 2600 Clutch
Forenza lightened flywheel

My turbo compressor housing seals are gone and my FMIC is soaked with oil, turbo is done so I decided to update.

What I was thinking is this Evo 3 16G Full turbo kit off eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TD05...Z005QQitemZ150045934444QQrdZ1#ShippingPayment

MAFT Gen II
GM MAF (after BOV and before manifold)
LC1 wide band O2
Walbro 2G AWD 190 FP
OBDII Logger

RC 550CC Injectors
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RC-F...011QQitemZ320039310418QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Do you guys think this is all I would need to be able to support the bigger turbo and around 16-18 PSI of boost with some decent WHP?

PS: I'll be running it on 98 Octane

I appreciate your feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first off thats not a genuine 16g its a knock off,some people on here have had no problems and some have.You will proabably wanna just get 650s for injectors so you can max out a 16g.You will also need some kind of management to control your fuel like dsmlink or an safc.Just noticed your still on stock pump so add at least a 190lph pump to that.

fwdeclipse said:
Well first off thats not a genuine 16g its a knock off,some people on here have had no problems and some have.You will proabably wanna just get 650s for injectors so you can max out a 16g.You will also need some kind of management to control your fuel like dsmlink or an safc.Just noticed your still on stock pump so add at least a 190lph pump to that.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I will be getting 190 FP and rewire it + wouldn't MAFT Gen II take care of the fuel for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prodigyman said:
Sorry I forgot to mention that I will be getting 190 FP and rewire it + wouldn’t MAFT Gen II take care of the fuel for me?

Yeah you can do it with a maft.I dont have any experience with a maft so someone that does will have to chime in.

fwdeclipse said:
Yeah you can do it with a maft.I dont have any experience with a maft so someone that does will have to chime in.

I remember when it came out I saw some good feedback about it, so I am kind of stuck between Gen II or SAFC II

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back