The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Main and Rod Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman358

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2005
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
I am hearing that OEM Mitsu bearings are the best bet for building a high horsepower 4g63, I am about to place my order for some and just want to be sure that the OEM bearings are the ones i want to go with. Anyone have any reasons not to go with the OEM Mitsu bearings? Your help is appreciated.

BTW: This is for a 1g 6bolt block.

i havnt built anything really high horsepower but ive always used oem mitsu bearings and never had a problem with them ... good luck

I would only use oe mitsubishi main bearings, they did it first and they did it right

I have never heard anything bad from stock main bearings and clevite's. Also ACL is a good brand to use. Depending on the hp application I would go with stock.

I plan on making at least 400 whp on my setup, so I want to be sure that I have the strongest most reliable parts posible. Ill be ordering the Mitsu OEM bearings later today unless someone has a good reason for me to go a different route.

Stock will work just fine for your setup.

Will it work just fine, or is it the best way to go? I want the best so that i dont have problems down the road.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back