The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Magic start with larger injectors, not a tech question

Does your larger injector car magically start sometimes?

• yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • your on crack

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
So, after installing 1000cc injectors and getting it chipped/tuned by my good friend dave, I noticed that my car sometimes starts up, almost as if by magic, with just the turn of the key. I do not hear the starter motor whatsoever, and its as if the motor just,... works... the first time. If I watch the tach while doing this, it just jumps up to 925rpms and chills there (thats what its set to idle at). Its like a magical start that I wish would happen every time.

Does this happen to anyone else with larger injectors? Its not a problem, I love when it does it, but I just want to make sure Im not crazy, and my car isn't on crack or something. I would try and record it for you guys, but its about as predictible as my stomach after mexican food.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

is my car emo? is your car emo like mine?

or am I on crack....LOL

i have no idea. you should be grateful the DSM god is giving you the gift of "Ultra Starts" instead of the normal "Walk to Work" condition.

my white 1gB awd 5speed starts up like that every time, I don't even hear the starter turning over. I just hit the switch and the car is on. I have stock 450cc injectors though.

my red 1gB awd 5speed doesn't turn on like that ever, i actually hear the starter turn over before it starts.

Check your injectors. If they're leaking, there's fuel puddling in the combustion chamber, which ignites right away with the first sign of spark.

Otherwise, just say a little thank you prayer to the DSM gods for starting up on the first try.

5/7ths of you guys think Im on crack... wow

I would think it has something to do with when the motor turns off, the position it is at, and the larger injectors injecting more fuel than the mas is asking for because 1000cc injectors can't go any lower than "too much". Same reason why I had to up my idle. At 750 rpms I was injecting too much fuel, and no matter how low I turned the idle knob on the maft, it still had hard times running, until it would just die. The injector duty cycles wouldn't go down either. Then I upped the rpms to add more air so the car wasn't running so rich, and it was fine.

The only reason I posted this thread was because I saw someone mention the same exact thing and I was wondering if there was more than just the two of us. Apparently, not.

the funny thing is, I'm the 1 who voted yes, so far no one else has said yes in the poll. LOL

well mine does 'magically start' sometimes too. However, it is only occasionally so im assuming its due to injectors leaking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back