The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Magenta gray 2gb front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raab1

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2017
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
Hey all! As I posted before I just picked up this car not long ago and it is slammed to the ground. Bought some coilovers that I hope to install this weekend, but the front bumper is pretty beat up. Looking for opinions if this will be super expensive to fix would I be better off getting abused bumper that isn't beat up and paint it? What's your thoughts? Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_5458.JPG
    IMG_5458.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
Your lucky that it's eclipse 2gb and not a talon ;). If your junkyards suck like mine you can hit up http://millerimportparts.com/ goes by @Stangmurdera on here; he is reasonable with prices. Put up a want to buy ad you will get better results than this thread, maybe you can score one with the same color. Also check the part out ads in the classifieds... Good luck :thumb:

I wanted to since I also have some parts to sell as I change things out on the car, but I can't yet since I just started my account here. I have to wait until I can post classifieds. I'll check that out! Thanks!

Check around your local parts stores...around my area we have certain Napa auto parts store that can mix your paint color with a code of course and put it in a rattle can...the ones I've gotten are a one shot deal...paint and when it dries it gets a nice shine to it...of course u need to wait for cure but when it's done u can wax buff whatever u want

I've also seen some good body guys take a small butane or propane torch if youre careful and heat up ends of broken or cracked underside of bumpers carefully "glue" then back together...doesn't look terrible after a little sanding and some paint

I wanted to since I also have some parts to sell as I change things out on the car, but I can't yet since I just started my account here. I have to wait until I can post classifieds. I'll check that out! Thanks!
I was going to ask that actually, if it were me I wouldn't want to spend the high price of another 2gb bumper and have to cut it up right away to fit the fmic.
Isn't that a rare color also?

Check around your local parts stores...around my area we have certain Napa auto parts store that can mix your paint color with a code of course and put it in a rattle can...the ones I've gotten are a one shot deal...paint and when it dries it gets a nice shine to it...of course u need to wait for cure but when it's done u can wax buff whatever u want
x2 on NAPA paint match, they offered me a couple different choices, prices were good and color was perfect

Don't know if it's rare or not to be honest but if u were trying to avoid high cost body shop or buying all new that's what I would do...then if it doesn't turn out how u want it replace it down the road

I would replace that bumper. Plenty of aftermarket new ones available cheap, or like others have said, junkyards or miller import parts. Another source for paint would be automotivetouchup.com .They'll be able to sell you the paint you need in your code all the from a small touch up bottle, to a premixed rattle can right up to ready to shoot quarts and gallons. They sell some nice clear as well. Their paint matches are normally spot on. I've used them for several cars including my current DSM (Painted the fog light surrounds, and getting ready to do the center rear tail panel).

Good luck and post pics when done!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back