The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MAFT Tuning issues with pocket logger. Please help im new to tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM91TURBOTALON

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2009
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
Alright, so i just finally got my car running really decent after a year of owning it. I just recently installed Evo 560 injectors, 3in GM MAF, a wally 190 and a MAFT. I have it tuned pretty decent right now, im getting zero knock in all gears but of course there has to be that one issue. The car cuts out when doing WOT pulls in 3rd-5th gear at higher RPM's, and when it does it, there is no knock and its just starting to pull like a banshee. Its starting to get kinda annoying, especially if im about to race someone i dont want this happening. If anyone could even tell me what i should be looking at on the pocket logger when this happens that would be awesome! :thumb: Thanks guys

Do you have all your trims close to 100%. Sounds like you are hitting fuel cut you mite need to lean out the WOT knob.

Umm should i be looking at o2 trim like it says in the maft tuning guide? Or should i be lookin at stft and ltft? When this is happening, im not at the much boost maybe 12 pounds if that. And no i dont have a blt, but i should be getting one soon. Thanks for the replies and yes i know what fuel cut is, it just doesnt feel the same as fuel cut when it happens, its not as near as violent.

Last edited:
If you read the entire article of that fast link that I sent you you'll see that the stft doesn't matter when in boost, and the o2 sensor isn't reliable enough to trust really.

It's probably a boost leak man. Your description of how it starts to pull then cuts out is classic boost leak symptoms.

Alright thanks, i might have to take a look and see if thats what it is. And i guess everyone was right how maft tuning was kinda a PITA, im having a hell of a time. I just wonder if its something else thats making it cut out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back