The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

maft question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timloomis

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2003
duncan falls, Ohio
how many wires does the maft have goin in2 the factory mas connector?cuz it looks like 4 or so and if its not on that 7th wire that u turbo guys have goin 2 ur ecu,then it should work on the n/a cars with a turbo connector spliced in.thanx.

Originally posted by timloomis
how many wires does the maft have goin in2 the factory mas connector?cuz it looks like 4 or so and if its not on that 7th wire that u turbo guys have goin 2 ur ecu,then it should work on the n/a cars with a turbo connector spliced in.thanx.

I'm sorry but i was unable to translate your post with babblefish. :confused:

N/A cars dont need a maft , they are not requesting as much air as the turbo cars do. maft has the plug .. a white wire to the cam angle , a ground , purple for nitrous and i forget what else .

Electrically it will work, although you might not be able to use the plug.

However, the NT uses a MAF with a different calibration, so it wouldn't be the best idea.

If you really need a bigger MAF (you don't) then get one of the ECU guys to write the 2g compensation into your EPROM, and run a 2g MAF.

but u guys see what i mean tho right.like if i got the mas plug and spliced it in2 my harness,would it work?i know the turbo mas has 7 wires instead of the 6 on a n/a car.so if it dusnt use that 7th wire,mayb it will work,i dunno.im doin the turbo conv and already have an afc,but the maft sounds like it would work better and add some more power,plus i still wont havta get the turbo ecu.

I already answered half this stuff. Yes, it will work electrically. I said that.

You can use it instead of the SAFC, yes. The injector ratios are all going to be off, in addition to the airflow curve itself.

I'd highly suggest a turbo ECU, that way you will have the right fuel and timing maps too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back