The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

MAFT Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INDY92GSX

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2002
Indianapolis, Indiana
I have a 92 GSX that has been out of operation for about 18 months, when it last ran the MAFT and 3" GM MAF were working properly. I installed a new engine today and tried to start it. I can not get the LED in the MAFT to flash when the key is turned on, I have 12V at both pink wires and a good ground at both black wires. All of the connections have been checked and rechecked. The instructions that came with the MAFT say to check the things that I already have and they say to check the fuse. I do not know where the fuse is, both inline fuses that I had installed on the pink wires are good. Are there more? Are there any fuses for the DSM MAF wiring harness that I hooked the MAFT up to? Any advice or ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.:confused:

Did you check for the 12V with the key on or off. It is possible that you tapped a wire that looses power with the key on. Also check the wires with the key on and not connected to the maft just in case it shorted internally. If that's not the case and you have a good ground check the fuses. If that's all good then you need to get a know good maft or try yours in another car. Let us know how you make out.

Steveb

The MAFT is 3 years old. The connections have 12 V only when the key is on. Is there anyone that services the MAFT? or will I be buying a new one? If the GM MAF is bad will that cause the green LED in the MAFT to not blink when the key is in the on position?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back