The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

MAF T and 1000cc's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuntiesTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska
My buddy was looking at his MAF T and saw that he only had adjustment up to 750cc, I already have DSMLink but I was wondering if MAF T can adjust for the 1000ccs that I have. I have read a few other posts that I searched and got no clear answers. Can anyone help me out?

Also which version would be best for my goals. I am shooting for around 500 on race gas and my modifications should mostly be in my profile.

Thanks.

K, I just read another thread that says to use the DSMLink to control the injectors but just set the MAF T to the "stock" settings and just let it read the airflow. Does this sound right?

What about maf gen2. How does that one hold up?? Whats the highest of injectors that it can handle? Didn't mean to steal the thread or anything. I apologize for it.

What about maf gen2. How does that one hold up?? Whats the highest of injectors that it can handle? Didn't mean to steal the thread or anything. I apologize for it.

It's still piggyback tuning. I'd say still no more than 650's. UNLESS, you get a chip burned in at your injector size then do fine tuning from there.

What maf are you running? Stock or a GM?

im running a stock 2g mas. but ive got 2 friends running Dsmlink with a gm maft and 1000cc injectors with no problem. the whole key is dsmlink. with like you just zero out the everything on the maft for stock injectors and use link to adjust for fuel and airflow.

It's still piggyback tuning. I'd say still no more than 650's. UNLESS, you get a chip burned in at your injector size then do fine tuning from there.

Seconded. I know MAFT can control very large injectors. I was in a car the other day that had 950's and only MAFT to tune with, but it didn't run very well. It was such heavy compensation that he wasn't even getting to the high tune. The timing wasn't pretty and the fuel varied from lean to rich, because he couldn't get proper adjustment points.

im running a stock 2g mas. but ive got 2 friends running Dsmlink with a gm maft and 1000cc injectors with no problem. the whole key is dsmlink. with like you just zero out the everything on the maft for stock injectors and use link to adjust for fuel and airflow.

So you just use it to read the airflow that the stock MAS can't handle? Sounds simple enough.

Basically what it does is just transform the airflow signal into something that the dsm ecu can actually use and read. Then once it's into a form we can use, dsmlink comes in to tune.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back