The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink MAF suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stugotsv10

Proven Member
May 21, 2021
Connecticut
So my motor went BOOM, so new setup alltogether here, bigger and better everything..

Car had a GM MAF when I bought it which is well horrible so which is best to go with or now?

2.4L shortblock, still deciding on alot of the rest but looking for about 800 WHP, what MAF do you guys suggest? The Evo X one seems to be on MAPS site (where I got myshortblock from)

Gonna be using DSM link BTW, car CAME with the old AEM 1 LOL

Thanks!!

If you are using DSMLink, just go Speed Density. Much more accurate than any MAF. And you decided to go with a 2.4L? May we ask why? Isn't the car fwd?

If you are using DSMLink, just go Speed Density. Much more accurate than any MAF. And you decided to go with a 2.4L? May we ask why? Isn't the car fwd?
It’s not really more accurate. Nothings more accurate than a true airflow reading. You can’t get that with SD. SD is easier to deal with for higher hp levels.

Op, SD with link is gonna be the easier option. Especially with link.

Yes its FWD. I went with it because they had it in stock and everything else was WEEKS out + a core.

its for street anyway so more TQ might be cool, Doing upgraded Axels and Tranny.

How does SD work and where do I buy one?

All that torque is going to be completely useless in a fwd, even moreso if it's just street driving. I think you made a hasty choice that you aren't gonna be happy with, especially when you just blow the tires off every time you romp on it.

Go to ECMLink site and order the SD kit from them. They provide the sensors and the wiring harness in their kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back