The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MAF Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exxxel

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2006
Italy, Europe
Hi, i'm Leonardo from Italy

I have an European 2g Eclipse powered by a 4g63 non turbo engine... I need to install a short ram intake (like Injen), but i have some troubles with the MAF sensor.... :( Does anyone knows that exist a MAF replacement for 4" PIPE housing? or a "MAF ReHousing" DIY project?

Need help Please! :dsm::dsm::dsm::cry:

Many Thanks!!

Does the European 2g non-turbo use the same MAF as the US 2g turbo? If so, I see your dilemma.

The 2g MAF should have about the same "circumference" as a 4" pipe. What that means is that if you've got a 4" intake pipe, you could use a 4" silicone coupler of sufficient length to mate the odd shape up to the round pipe. I think that's going to be your best bet. Even a GM MAF is, what, 3.5" in diameter? And you would need a translator for that (which I'm not sure would even work on your non-turbo car).

Sorry, I say 4".... but Is only 70mm (about 2,7")...
Short ram intake is not installed yet but is in costruction... I need to solve this problem first...

This is my engine bay, note that this is a 4g63 Non turbo....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the MAF sensor, i think is the same on 4g63T...no?

I want to remove it.... or swap with another compatible MAF to have the possibility to put it into the pipe...

Like this, but without MAF....

Any help? :)

Thankssss!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back