The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink maf/mafraw question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxfelon420

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 6, 2005
Napoleon, Ohio
Hey simple question I couldnt find an answer to directly, so I thought i'd check here. It is my understanding that MafRaw is the actual signal provided by the Maf cable, and Maf is the value given after compensation. So in relation to a GM MAF, is it correct to say that the MAFraw is the value the ECMlink cable is giving, and MAF is the "Mitsubishi" value of it after compensation is applied? I'm just trying to understand whether the MAFraw of a GM MAF will be comparable to a Mitsu, or whether the huge difference I'm seeing is just the compensation values of it being applied at any given place. I did see on the ECMlink wiki that the value seen in the log is not the rea. properly.

MAF - MAF value as used by ECU
MAFComp - MAF value after compensation slider adjustments have been made
MAFRaw - MAF value as measured by MAS or GM-MAF

All values listed here:
http://www.dsmlink.com/wiki/dsmlinkloggableparams

For your GM MAF, you'll probably see idle MAFRaw values around the 600 Hz range. That's normal and to be expected. You'll want to tune the MAF Comp sliders this way, so you won't be tuning your idle using the 0 and 50 Hz sliders.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back