The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Made my OEM 420a fuel rail better than OEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmaz

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2012
Bullhead City, Arizona
Hey whats up tuners. Ive been in the market for an upgraded fuel rail for some time now with not much luck because the only company that makes them is obx and everyone knows how the obx rail is a pos. Anyways I was looking at a spare rail that I had and thought how easy it would be to tweek the design a little bit for my benefit. These pictures should show the idea I had,I would have taken more pictures but my phone died while I was at the shop so I couldnt take more until I got home. Well take a look and tell me what you guys think:hmm:

Attachments

• 2013-05-01 13.03.38.jpg
    2013-05-01 13.03.38.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 2013-05-01 13.04.56.jpg
    2013-05-01 13.04.56.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 2013-05-01 16.26.23.jpg
    2013-05-01 16.26.23.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 271
He took the 2 90 degree bends out. OP I am doing the same thing but welding a -6an fitting on it. Nice job though!

Thanks for the compliments I think I didnt do too bad either. I pressure tested it with some air when I was at the shop. I plugged all the holes and used my air chuck to pressurize it. My method was kinda ghetto cause I didnt have a legit tester with a water tank or anything but it seemed to be fine. It only took me a little over an hour and only needed a couple tools. one question I do have is that I have a 95 with the fuel return that comes off the fuel rail. Im goin to use the rail I modified which is off a 96+. Im also goin to install an afpr. What would be the best way to install? I was thinking about plugging the return off and installing the afpr inbetween the fuel filter which is on the fire wall and the fuel rail. So the result would be a returnless system. Sound right?

No you need the return. Just hook the stock return line up to the afpr. So it goes filter to afpr to fuel rail. Then off the afpr hook up the stock fuel return line.

No you need the return. Just hook the stock return line up to the afpr. So it goes filter to afpr to fuel rail. Then off the afpr hook up the stock fuel return line.

The AFPR should go after the fuel rail, run the fuel filter to the fuel rail, then the 4an port on the other side of the fuel rail should go to the AFPR and the stock return line connects to the outlet of the AFPR

Is that specific for the 95? My statement was my understanding and how I was going to hook up mine up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If he is using a 96 rail wouldn't it make more sense to use the top picture?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back